What's new

New member, ready to try wet shaving

Hi guys,
Brand new member here (though I’ve been reading threads for the past few weeks before registering).

Ive never wet shaved or shaved with a double edge/safety razor before, but i’m ready to jump in and figure it out.

I’ve been reading & researching on which first razor to buy but it seems like there’s no clear consensus on what’s going to work for someone, everyone is different.
It seems like I just need to pick a decent one, learn good technique and then go from there?

The Rockwell 6c/6s & Merkur 34c seem to be the go-to beginner suggestions, but… I don’t know… I get a good feeling from the Mamba 70 (and RazoRock).

Any reason why I shouldn’t give it a shot?

Cheers! 🍀

With some reflection and quite a bit of reading and experimentation forming 20/20 hindsight, I'd start with Yates "Winning Razor" or RazoRock Gamechanger .68. Have and have used both for over a year when I feel the need for a mild shave.

Those would be my All-star Beginners' Razors!

Welcome to our Merry Troupe!

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas, happy to be here!

Welcome to the madhouse, Proper Irish. :thumbup:

I say "Don't spend loads on a razor you may not like." Go for the latest Gillette Tech HERE to start with. :wink2:

So Gillette Tech you say?
I don’t have an aliexpress account and I really don’t want to order anything from China.

I did some quick reading (I’ll dig deeper when I have more time) and see that the Tech produced for the India market is called the 7 O’clock sterling- would that one be okay? Theres some of those available (new in blister packs) from ebay from local sellers.

IMG_3098.jpeg

A $14 big box store DE razor was enough to get me started. A Merkur Progress is the first razor that provided a good and comfortable shave. I am now a fan of Razorock Game Changers. A Razorock Game Changer .68 is a well built razor to begin on if $55 is within your budget. It is mild to learn on, and you can get more agressive plates for about $30 each if it is too mild after you hone your technique. I suggest learning to build a good lather right away. A poor lather can mess up a shave with the right razor. YouTube was my friend for this. Enjoy!

Top Bottom