What's new

Howdy, Everyone. Newbie DE shaver here.

I've been shaving for about 3 weeks now with a new (old) DE razor. I'm very happy so far with my first razor, soap, blade and AS selection.

Not wanting to drop hundreds right out of the gate, I got a 60's Gillette Flair Tip TTO ($10 on FleaBay), and went to Walgreens for a cheap boar brush, soap and blades.

Now that I'm getting into it, I think the next step for me is to buy a blade sample pack and dial in a better blade. Then I'll upgrade the brush.

I look forward to swapping stories.

Mylo

Welcome to B&B—the cheap stuff will get you a long way, no doubt about that! Have fun with the 100s of dollars of stuff you buy from now on :)

The cheap stuff'll last you awhile.. I think my $7 Van Der Hagen kit from wally world soap (2.49 for soap outside of the kit) lasted me ~8 months.

I was expecing my prosaro to do the same but SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) has taken a liking to it and her excues of "I have more area to cover" is making my cream tube dissapear at an alarming rate.. I give it 3 months tops.

Try a sample pack of blades next, change 1 thing at a time..
Don't change your Soap / cream and blade at the same time... you wont know what made the difference.

Top Bottom