What's new

Tattoos

Another of mine.

proxy.php

I have a few, and would like another.

I won't regret my tattoos since each and every tattoo was planned and well considered before I set foot into a shop and talked to an artist. Each tattoo has some significant meaning to me.

IMO, a lot of people go overboard with tattoos. I would never get a sleeve, but have considered a half-sleeve, and no neck tattoos. I ensure that all of mine can be covered because I value being able to maintain a professional appearance and I don't consider visible tattoos to be part of that professional appearance. But, to each his own.

Been to the tattooist today. A few touch ups on my moon. While I was there I had a few more branches and leaves on my bird. But htis one is superb. If only I had the money and SWMBO would let me.

attachment.php

I went in for touch ups on two of my tattoos on Wed. I walked in thinking it would be nothing, but I was wrong. It was only 1.5 hours of work, but that was the second worst session I've had. I just did not sit well. I didn't move around or squirm, but I was wincing the whole time. The worst session I had was when I went in for my buoy tattoo. I had it outlined one day and then shaded the next. Total was about 7 hours. That really sucked.

I regularly get a tattoo every 4 years. Always worked in a management capacity so they are all covered. One you get the itch... kinda like RAD!

I have sleeves, chest piece, ribs, both legs... and I'm about to get my first hand tattoo! Well one of my sleeves come just below my wrist, but that doesn't count. I'm getting my daughters birthday on my knuckles. It's a big leap going to hands or neck haha. Both hands will be tattooed all the way to the knuckles, but I'm not sure if I'll do neck yet or not. Only time will tell.

I have one, occasionally think about more.

Regarding ugly/regretful tattoos, I've never known anyone to regret a tattoo. And I have friends that have some pretty bad ones.

I don't have any, but I've certainly thought about it. My main reason is that I can't think of any designs that I would be comfortable looking at for the rest of my life. It's a big commitment. I've got a few ideas for very small tattoos of things that I'm into, hobbies, that even if down the road I wasn't in love with anymore, I could still look at and go "yeah, I remember that. I'm ok with this ". But it's never been a super pressing thing for me. If I get one in the future, I do. If I don't, I don't. I'm not losing sleep over it.

I also have a friend, who as soon as he turned 18, got his first tattoo. And it was a dumb one. And then he got another. And I thought "that's getting covered up eventually". He started putting a little more thought into his ink over the years, and has some genuinely cool, meaningful, tattoos, but sure enough, he has had a few of his earlier, "impulsive yeenager" tats covered up. A band logo, for one. I warned him about that one :p

So he's kind of been a cautionary tale for me.

I know tons of guys with ink, especially, especially with the music scene I involve myself in, there is a lot of cross-pollination going on. Lots of artists around,or guys who know their stuff. If I ever do decide to get one, I've got plenty of resources.

Lots of great art in this thread, too!

I'm all for tattoos with meaning like memorial pieces or something personal. I have a memorial piece for my father. It's my only tattoo but I wouldn't mind a few more.

Well gents, all this talk about tattoos... Had me an itch...
i went and had the other side of my chest done today!
i had a gypsy girl on my heart some time ago, an a native chief on my right side today.
Bold lines with minimal 4 colors. We did the flowers the same as some tobacco plant color blooms... He also has a small tear on his cheek.

this is a piece my tattoo artist did in a Bill "Jonesy" Jones style. If you don't know about Jonesy check out the link please!!!!
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=43464469

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 79
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Well gents, all this talk about tattoos... Had me an itch...
i went and had the other side of my chest done today!
i had a gypsy girl on my heart some time ago, an a native chief on my right side today.
Bold lines with minimal 4 colors. We did the flowers the same as some tobacco plant color blooms... He also has a small tear on his cheek.

this is a piece my tattoo artist did in a Bill "Jonesy" Jones style. If you don't know about Jonesy check out the link please!!!!
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=43464469

Lovely work , they make a great pair

I've got a couple but my last one was about 6 years ago. I'm starting to forget the pain of that last one, so the itch is coming alive again. Now I'll have to figure out what and where......

Adding on to my chest
I had the horseshoe/flower idea... He threw in the eagle.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
So far I'm tatoo free. But I'm considering getting one in light of my late Mom's passing to memorial her passing last November.

I have one tattoo..its an Celtic band - which is nothing unusual - except that I am not Irish - I am Jewish. I got it 30 years ago...I still like it, but if I had it over again, I probably wouldn't have done it

...I wonder, in such an esteemed community as the B&B, what are your thoughts?

I have one tattoo..its an Celtic band - which is nothing unusual - except that I am not Irish - I am Jewish. I got it 30 years ago...I still like it, but if I had it over again, I probably wouldn't have done it

More curiosity on my part, MikeyAces. I've quoted Mikeblade as he is familiar with what I had often used as one example to my children of why I did not want them to get tattoos. But awhile back I realized even that concept had changed and so I'm curious as to when that transition took place. Maybe Mikeblade or someone else can answer?

Top Bottom