What's new

Tattoos

I've got two/three, with more to come.

First was the logo for a band I am a huge fan of. Got it about twelve years ago. It's about 4-5" in size, all in black, between my shoulder blades.

Second was the autographs of the three band members around the original tattoo. This was about six years ago.

Third is a swallow on the front of my right shoulder. In old school color, and five years after getting it, it is still as vibrant as it was the day I got it.

I'll be getting a second swallow on my other shoulder, hopefully in the coming months, and am planning to have my ring finger done next summer for my fifth anniversary with SWMBO.

Oh neat, a tattoo topic!

I had been contemplating getting a tattoo for about ... I dunno, 5 years or something. A long time in any case :p I wanted to put Animal from The Muppets on my upper arm, because he's my drumming mascot. During the contemplation years, other designs started to get inside my head as well. Then 2 years ago, I finally went for it ... but starting off with one of the other designs :p

View attachment 494011

That's the logo of the Mandalorians in the Star Wars universe. I wanted something to reference Star Wars (being a fan), but something more subtle than Darth Vader's helmet. And it also refers to my love for the sci-fi and fantasy genres!

To give myself something to look forward to, and to not spend all my tattoo-money in one go, I promised myself to wait about a year to get another one. And that's what I did, and I definitely wanted to go for Animal this time. I needed to find another artist though, because the one who did my first doesn't like inking "cartoony" tattoos. But I'm glad with the new artist that I found, he did a terrific job imho!

$IMG_3262.JPG

Then in april this year, I decided on a third tattoo, on the inside of my forearm this time. It's the logo of my favourite band (the same band as Winchester38 perhaps?? :p). Had to go back to my first artist though, because it has a lot of straight lines, which are very hard to do apparently, and he wasn't certain that he'd do it well. The first artist did a great though, combining the 2 ideas I had (and throwing in some white ink, which I didn't plan!).

View attachment 494010

Aside from appreciation for the band, I also like to think of it as an appreciation for the genre (which is progressive metal).

I had 2 more tattoo ideas, one being the quote in my signature, the other being a reference to me being a gamer ... but I have a gf now who doesn't appreciate tattoos all that much, so I'm putting those on (permanent) hold. In any case, the 3 most important ones are done now :)

off an on since i was around 17 or so, i had talked about getting a tattoo. Just never found anything that "i knew i wanted", last October, four months after i turned 50 i got my first one, i am now up to 11. I can't see any of them i would ever be sorry i got. Some are quotes that mean something to where i am in life with some health issues i have. One is a symbol i liked, eye of Horus, and the one place was offering a Friday the 13th special. I have a design that includes an awareness ribbon for Fibromyalgia, one of my health issues. So far all can be covered, if i ever felt the need to, just by wearing a long sleeve shirt and some jeans. I have nothing on me that should offend any reasonable person, if i was to get anything that may be considered offensive (such as profanity), it would be in a place that only my wife or doctor would ever see. So, with my friends, relatives and even a few strangers that made comments, i have had nothing but good responses. I have enough ideas and quotes that I'd like to get that if i had the money, I'd get a new one every month. I have found them to be a great way to express my feelings about the life i have led so far and where i am in life now. My wife of thirty years, who has three herself, is completely supportive of this.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Spent 10 years in Uncle Sam's Canoe Club without ever having gotten a tat. And now at 48, I see no reason to start now. Some people wear their art real well. It's just not for me I guess.

Frank

When I was 18 I wanted a tattoo. My dad said over and over again "if you want to be unique don't get a tattoo". "if you want to stand out, don't get a tattoo". "if you want to be different don't get a tattoo".

I got one anyway.

This one is my Bob Marley tribute tattoo, three little birds and a line from my favorite song.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411444687.109869.jpg

This one was my first, it's a power button, got it for free for doing some computer work for an artist.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411444754.161977.jpg

This one is my "**** pot" because IYAAYAS!

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411444811.143615.jpg

Honestly it looks like crap and I'm still thinking of something to cover it with.

JMJ -

I have five tattoos, but only four showing. I covered my original tattoo of a Japanese Kanji with a special tattoo for my second daughter. Mine are all religious in nature, but there are times where I kind of wish I didn't have any. But then I think I would like to add to one of them. They are all on my arms.

YBIC
Mike

So far, my personal count stands at 10. All on my arms.
Left Deltoid: My Eagle Scout Medal. I am actually an Eagle Scout (and former Scoutmaster), but I got it in memoriam of four of my boys who died in 2010 from a tornado, and for the survivors who have had difficulty coping.
I also have 9 EKG tracings done as armbands, from my shoulders down to mid-forearm. Most are asystole ("flatline") or other fatal/agonal rhythms. I take one from every fatality/cardiac arrest call I go on. I consider it a solemn honor to take someone "the last mile", and I wish to remember the lessons I learn from each call. Since I've only been a paramedic for 3 years, this project looks to become much larger with time. I have one normal sinus rhythm strip, however, and I consider it the crowning gem of my young career- A cardiac arrest victim who lived and went home to his wife and children.

These are gifs made from a video that a guy took, to show how the tattoo machine pierces the skin.

Thought it was pretty cool.

3200 frames per second

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Awesome tatoo. Well done.

I contemplated getting one to cover some scars, but then I decided that I liked the scars more.
As for the gents that want to get a tatoo removed, can't it be done with a laser procedure?

Yes, it can be removed most of the way with a laser, there are still some faint marks left most of the time. And removing one is supposedly way more painful than getting it. You have to go back multiple times also. I can't see me ever wanting any of mine removed, they all mean something to me, even the Mr Incredible on my left chest area.

Shoulder extension to chest. These are Amund Dietzel flash.. A famous old time Milwaukee tattooer..
I wish I could get the back of the Panther's ears and stuff, it's one that I picked out of a personal tattoo collection.
Ps
love your parents. Get them a tattoo
$image.jpg
$image.jpg
$image.jpg
$image.jpg
^^Amund Deitzel^^
how will I look when I'm 64?
like a bad *** apparently!

Last edited:
I love tattoos, I unfortunatly only have one due to work commitments and lack of time to organise getting more done at the moment, but I will be getting more work in the near future!

Top Bottom