What's new

Tattoos

I'm up to 9 at the moment, still thinking about what's next. U?

I dont have any, I should slowly get out of this thread ha. I've always wanted tattoos since a kid but it's just never happened. One day though. Have you heard of the artist Sineater, he has some cool art, would like that sort of style.

I dont have any, I should slowly get out of this thread ha. I've always wanted tattoos since a kid but it's just never happened. One day though. Have you heard of the artist Sineater, he has some cool art, would like that sort of style.

I didn't get my first tattoo till I was 30, it took me that long to decide I wanted one and what it should be. I'm pretty sure you can still hang around in here :thumbup: I will check out Sineater.

I got mine when I was in Key West, FL for a port call. I love my wedding ring but it got to be cumbersome worrying about handling lines and other shipboard stuff.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400515590.956292.jpg

Just something small. It's a wave (for the sea) which makes sort of an A and a C shape for Adam and Cindy.
The wife loves it!

My dad said I couldnt get my ears piecred aged 16. So I went for tattoos. Scroll forward 30yrs and a chance remark on my wedding anniversary made me check out a tatoo parlour (as they were called). The remark from a close friend was, " that totoo is very old style and looks terrible,". From then on it was like a drill in my head boring away. I began to loath this one tatoo of mine (I have several). Well here's what it looked like for thirty or so years.
$Stuarts old left arm tattoo.jpg
And after sveral hours, here what it now looks like,

$Stuarts new Tatto coloured in.jpg
I went with a bird as for me it means freedom. When at work and I look out of that ambulance window thats where I'd rather be, free from work and its constraints (phew).

I also had this done on my back a few weeks ago. This pic was taken a few hours after the first session. I'm into my astronomy and have a few telescopes, binoculars and kit. I love being out in the dark in my yard when I get home, looking at the stars and planets. Latley I've made some great oservations of Jupiter her moons and Mars.

$IMG_20140416_184444.jpg
As for the text it says "There are times when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls". It's a quote by American comedian George Carlin. Look him up.

And after sveral hours, here what it now looks like,

:thumbup1:
Looks great, glad you went with a blue bird...
im sure the artist told you blue hides things great!

Last edited:
I wouldn't have ever thought that was a cover-up - I had to stare and search to see the tiny bit of remaining exposed old tattoo. Very nice!

Thanks guys, GOing back in a few days for a touch up on both but might have a few more leaves and a branch put on the blue bird. My guilty pleasure.

Looks good brook!

heres some more tat pics for ya...

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 105
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
I don't have any at all nor have I ever really wanted one, but my wife has quite a few, which I find them extremely hot!

It's funny . . . I've seen some exceptional tattoos (artistic, aesthetic, and created mindfully) and some truly awful ones. I vastly prefer the former . . .

What's the worst tattoo you've seen? The misspelled ones on the internet come to mind . . .

It's funny . . . I've seen some exceptional tattoos (artistic, aesthetic, and created mindfully) and some truly awful ones. I vastly prefer the former . . .

What's the worst tattoo you've seen? The misspelled ones on the internet come to mind . . .

I have seen some truly awful ones, I used to have folder with a few pictures in it but it got deleted. The internet is truly an awesome place for that sort of thing!

Last edited:
Thanks! I work with an artist that specializes in American Classic/Sailor Jerry style. I sketch out my thoughts and he adds his magic. Here's one he did for me about 8 months ago. It's my Sun Conure pictured in my avatar. My next one will be a lighthouse down the center of my back.

$Stanley.jpeg

Very nice, I love that style :thumbup:

There was a show on the TV here in the UK many, many years ago and in a scene the main character had a tattoo on his fore head that he though spelt Anarchy but when he looked in a mirror it spelt Anchovey instead. Well it was funny at the time.

Last edited:
Few of mine. Unfortunately out of work at the moment so nothing more being done right now.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401066465.622350.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401066612.223314.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401066658.703134.jpg

And my prized possession :)

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401066815.336307.jpg

There's more but I won't bombard the thread too much!

Top Bottom