What's new

Tattoos

I started getting my tattoos a year ago.. I definitely have tattoo acquisition disorder…. Plan on getting more.. Probably all Japanese style.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397783500.082379.jpg

Thought I'd revive this long sleeping thread with a close up of some tattoos on my right arm, notably my grandpa's WWII Army patch "Super Sixth!" & a straight (edge) razor.

Most people have no idea I'm sleeved in tattoos. Certainly nobody at work does.

nothing wrong with tattoos man they're awesome, integral part of history too. they are also addictive...like razors and brushes ...

This is one of the two I have. It is also my second tattoo.$294807_2264488864275_1535860721_n.jpg. A good friend of mine started the skull but he died before he could finish it so I had another artist finish it and add I.L.M Mikhail in remembrance of that friend. I am a lifelong Punisher fan. The Tattoo means I will defend my country to the death if need be. Hopefully that day will never come.

I realize that tattoos went ridiculously mainstream but...when I got my first on my 18th birthday, I was the only one in my entire college with a tattoo. In Manhattan. Tattooing was illegal in NYC and I had to go way out to the burbs of NJ to Shotsie's. When I started getting tattoos I was surrounded by bikers, leather clad BDSM aficionados, and other assorted marginal types. I was in an up and coming punk band so I thought I was a real outsider too, but 4 years later I had a degree and that adventure was over. But other real ones began. Both arms are sleeved and I also have tattoos on my back and chest. No regrets. $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397873055.617916.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have my wedding ring tattooed on. I got tired of removing my wedding ring every time I worked on electricity or washed my hands (I hate the feel of water under a ring or watch band). It is pretty simple, two black lines going around the finger, the same width as the wedding ring I wore before I got it. It is filled with red, and has "Mary" written in black cursive. I need to get it touched up.

I am a fan. I have 2 so far, and will probably accumulate more down the road. I've seen some amazing pieces of work, and I have seen some absolutely horrible tattoos that make people cringe when they look in the mirror. To each their own, but I'm a big fan of being able to hide them, depending on the situation.

I've got four. I never got into the artistic side of things with the more complicated pieces, but I've always admired them. Mine all commemorate something. I've got a winged shoe on my ankle from my track days. I made a deal with my father that I'd give up chewing tobacco if he'd sign a consent form for me to get that tattoo when I was 17. I've got the mandatory Eagle Globe and Anchor on my left arm (closest to my heart) with a separate USMC above it. I've a got a French Polynesian themed tribal band on my right arm that includes a stingray that has a sea turtle inside it with a lizard inside the turtle. My wife has the turtle and lizard on her foot. We got them in Tahiti on our long overdue belated honeymoon.

I would have more, but I've run out of things that are that meaningful to me. I don't regret any of them. The winged shoe, doesn't mean as much to me as it used to, but it stands as a tribute to my past.

My only regret has to do with the tribal band. When we made the appointment the guy in the shop was making tattoo needles out of boar tusk for traditional tattoos. I asked about getting that done and his answer was that it was very expensive. I asked no more questions and we came back the next day to get our tats using regular tattoo guns. When I got the bill for the tattoos and realized that both of them together were cheaper than any of the three tattoos that I already had, I knew I blew it. His definition of expensive and mine were completely different. It would have been under $200 to get it done traditionally with boar tusk and stick.

Like wet shaving, my father was the reasons i got tattoo'd
liked looking at my dads tattoos he got in the army and war in 67-69. Eagles, american flags, horseshoes, skull wearing a 1st Cavalry Stetson hat- all done in GI green. and a cartoon duck (colored) he got when I was a kid. still remember to this day when he got that...

i only have two so far.
mr horsepower on left shoulder (which I got with my pops) and a gypsy girl on my cheast heart side. plans to do a native chief profile on the right side of my cheast in the works...
I also want to get a American traditional Wild Bill Hickock tattoo on back calf. and sitting bull on the other.

i prefer bright traditional american designs, with thick lines...
Norman "Sailor Jerry" Collins (RIP), Myke Chambers, Dan Santoro, Mike Rubendall are a few of the artist I would like to get ink from.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 155
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 154
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
View attachment 437681

Thought I'd revive this long sleeping thread with a close up of some tattoos on my right arm, notably my grandpa's WWII Army patch "Super Sixth!" & a straight (edge) razor.

Most people have no idea I'm sleeved in tattoos. Certainly nobody at work does.

If I'm not mistaken my grandpa was in the 13th division I have one of his old patches I should look at it tonight. I want to say it has the same logo on it.

I've never been a fan of tattoos.

I've always thought...you choose a design, have it tattooed on your skin...possibly a few years later...you don't care for it...what then ?

But aside from that, I think human skin is beautiful....just the way it is....no artificial embellishment needed...in my humble opinion.

Like wet shaving, my father was the reasons i got tattoo'd
liked looking at my dads tattoos he got in the army and war in 67-69. Eagles, american flags, horseshoes, skull wearing a 1st Cavalry Stetson hat- all done in GI green. and a cartoon duck (colored) he got when I was a kid. still remember to this day when he got that...

i only have two so far.
mr horsepower on left shoulder (which I got with my pops) and a gypsy girl on my cheast heart side. plans to do a native chief profile on the right side of my cheast in the works...
I also want to get a American traditional Wild Bill Hickock tattoo on back calf. and sitting bull on the other.

i prefer bright traditional american designs, with thick lines...
Norman "Sailor Jerry" Collins (RIP), Myke Chambers, Dan Santoro, Mike Rubendall are a few of the artist I would like to get ink from.

Nice picture of the 3 older guys all tattted up. The one on the left if Hurbert Hoffman, a well known artist in Hamburg Germany. Back in 1968 I had the crawling panther done by him on my right arm.

Paul,
Thats really cool! I wouldn't mind seeing it!
thats the years tattooing was sort of an elite club... Not everyone did it back then or got them.
while my pops didnt mind tattoos, I would never have come home with a ear ring or piercing...
growing up he'd tell me "women get piercings and men get tattoos." :001_smile

... Not to mention a piercing would be another thing for him to grab me by!
He was my best friend as well as being a role model, and a to say the least a great farther.

Thanks for your service

Last edited:
Top Bottom