What's new

Generic Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo and Conditioner

I picked up a generic version of the paul mitchell tea tree shampoo and conditioner at Sally Beauty Supply over the weekend based on some positive reviews I'd read on the non generic version. I have to say that this stuff works really well. I can't remember the last time my hair felt this soft. My only complaint is trying to get past the smell of this stuff. Do all tea tree products smell this bad?

I have used that very product and as a matter of fact was looking at some today while I was in Sally's to see what they carried for mens shaving gear. I rather like the stuff. In a nutshell to me it smells like mint. I would say no, not all tea tree smells like that shampoo. Do you like it at all? I am not sure if I have anything I could trade for it if you do not like it. :)

Have you compared the smell of this one to the non-generic version? I'm wondering if only the generic smells bad, or if you just happen not to like tea tree oil in general.

S

Sam

I just got the Tea Tree Lemon Sage Thickening shampoo by Paul Mitchell. Smells good and still has the tea tree in it. My hairdresser recommended it to cleanse the scalp and said alternate it with anything I want.

I think all tea tree stuff smells pretty much the same unless extra smells are added. Good grab though. Sorry you are unhappy with the scent.

S

Sam

Yeah, the Lemon Sage really does not smell like tea tree at all, but it has tea tree oil listed and it is in the Paul Mitchell tea tree line (green bottle). Tempted to take it back as it does not tingle all that much, but wife says give it a chance.

It worked okay for me, but it seemed to have less fragrance and cooling effect than the Paul Mitchell - then again, for ~1/3 or so of the cost of the PM it's a good deal.

I picked up a generic version of the paul mitchell tea tree shampoo and conditioner at Sally Beauty Supply over the weekend based on some positive reviews I'd read on the non generic version. I have to say that this stuff works really well. I can't remember the last time my hair felt this soft. My only complaint is trying to get past the smell of this stuff. Do all tea tree products smell this bad?
I've used it as well. Great shampoo!!

Try Organix tea tree/peppermint shampoo. Smells nice. Probably about the same price as the generic you got at Sallys. Available at any RiteAid.

Try Organix tea tree/peppermint shampoo. Smells nice. Probably about the same price as the generic you got at Sallys. Available at any RiteAid.

Love this one. It doesn't tingle as much as the Paul Mitchell did, but it also doesn't dry out my hair like the PM did. Relatively cheap, smells nice, and high quality ingredients.

Top Bottom