What's new

September is SABREtember! - Shavettes & Barber Razors (1st-30th Sept 23)

Individual blades in packs of 10

Beat me to it. Here's a lousy phone picture to show the wrapper.

Same as most DEs. Cardboard box, individual waxed paper wrapper. Arrive as double edged blades (though I've never seen anything that uses the whole blade), so will need to be split/cut/broken to fit the things we've been using.

Screenshot from 2023-09-30 12-37-33.png

It can be difficult to determine if your type 77 is a slim or a full width. If you buy a razor which resembles your Dovo it will definitely be slim....you will be able to use the Insert in both your Dovo and Böker razors and have an extra blade format for them. I can supply the link if required.
Yes, please.

That looks excellent. :thumbup1:

I was expecting a Feather RG clone to arrive on the slow boat any time now, but I have just received a refund instead. I might see if I can find something else to order in the hope it arrives before the end of September...I have something in mind.
I had an RG in the past and regret selling it. Could you point me in the direction of the clones? Private message is fine if not appropriate here.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I had an RG in the past and regret selling it. Could you point me in the direction of the clones? Private message is fine if not appropriate here.
Have a look on Aliexpress and you'll find what you're looking for, there's a ton of them on there.

Looking forward to seeing you on the SABRE thread 👍.

Have a look on Aliexpress and you'll find what you're looking for, there's a ton of them on there.

Looking forward to seeing you on the SABRE thread 👍.
I've been on that thread since the beginning but took some time off and cancelled my account here on B&B.
I've been back on a few times lately, but not enough as I've been lazy shower shaving with an SE due to a cold bathroom!

Also, I ordered 3 razors from AE earlier today that I don't really need!

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I've been on that thread since the beginning but took some time off and cancelled my account here on B&B.
I've been back on a few times lately, but not enough as I've been lazy shower shaving with an SE due to a cold bathroom!

Also, I ordered 3 razors from AE earlier today that I don't really need!
Well then it's good to have you back 😁. And I know what you mean about a cold bathroom. I use are downstairs bathroom as a shave den, it's so cold it may as well be a gazebo . Mrs Herself thinks I've lost the plot.

It sounds like you already found what you need? Let me know if not.

I since picked up an actual Feather DX and the dimensions aren't identical - the clone is actually slimmer across the spine and taller from edge to spine, so in theory it could allow a flatter angle than the genuine Feather. Still, for about £10 it's nothing to complain about!

Edit: I was going to have a Fatip shave this evening, but I think a shavette will be put on duty instead now!

Top Bottom