What's new

Canes?

Every time I go to Panama I look for canes carved by locals, the wood is gorgeous and have unique designs.
i gave my doctor one with a pregnant woman.
I have Birds, snakes, and one with a very strange looking cat.
They seem to be harder than hickory.
they appear to be walking sticks rather than canes.
If someone thinks they can draw a pistol before being dropped by a cane as any reasonable distance.

Well good luck

should I ever need a cane in the future I will be using one of these:

proxy.php

Biff's cane from Back to the Future II

proxy.php

from The Wolfman

+ 1 on the Brazos Walking Sticks canes. Unfortunately, I'm required to use a cane, so I need something sturdy and comfortable in my hand. As much as I like the eagles, brass balls, fists, fish and other handles, they just aren't comfortable for extended use. I just treated myself to a Bocote one since I really don't want an ugly cane, either. Here is what I ended up with:

proxy.php

Odd, it quoted wrong.......mine is a Brazos Walking Sticks model. Didn't catch it till now. -Edit

Make that a second.

Mine has traveled quite a ways with me, as the more disposable version of canes i picked up in Dublin, Pisa and Venice.

Last edited:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Besides being a great conversation piece, if and when I need use of a cane (either as a result of my MS or some other ailment), I’ll use my ole' trusty oak walking stick/cane that has been with me since the 80’s (Volksmarches and Countries visited). :thumbsup:

$cane-1.jpg

My walking stick/cane with hiking medallions (stocknagel), from top to bottom.

FRONT
Berlin – Hauptstadt (capitol), of the DDR (a rare medallion,but they do show up on the ‘bay’ at times and in color too). I went to East Berlin back in the 80's on the Duty Train leaving Frankfurt (yeah...we had to be in Dress Green Uniform during our whole visit).
Germany
Holland
Spain
Liechtenstein
Canada
Alsace, France
Frankfurt / Main, Germany
Lourdes, France
Austria
Ascona, Switzerland
Budapest, Hungary
Somerset, UK (England)
Switzerland

$cane-2.jpg

Side View

$cane-3.jpg

BACK
Venlo, The Netherlands (Holland)
Feldberg, Germany
Prague, Czech Republic
Vatican City State (Rome, Italy)
Neuschwanstein Castle, Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
Sark, UK (England)
Beskydy, Poland
Paris, France

PS I'm still looking for Dubrovnik, Yugoslavia, Istanbul, Turkey and Sofia, Bulgaria (and I'll even settle for just the country) stocknagels.

$walking-cane-emoticon.gif "The best, the most exquisite ['vehicle'] is a walking stick [/cane]; and one of the finest things in life is going on a journey with it". Robert Coates Holiday

Last edited:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I've changed a few medallions around and added a few! :thumbsup:

My walking stick/cane with hiking medallions (stocknagel), from top to bottom

$001.jpg

FRONT
Berlin – Hauptstadt (capital), of the DDR (a rare medallion, but they do show up on the ‘bay’ at times and in color too). I went to East Berlin back in the 80's on the Duty Train leaving Frankfurt (yeah...we had to be in Dress Green Uniform during our whole visit).

Amsterdam, Holland
Istanbul, Turkey (travel shield/charm affixed to stocknagel)
Costa Brava, Spain
Liechtenstein
Canada
Strasbourg, France
Frankfurt / Main, Germany
Lourdes, France
Austria
Vicenza, Italy
Budapest, Hungary
Somerset, UK (England)
Mexico City, Mexico
(travel shield/charm affixed to stocknagel)

$004.jpg

BACK
Sofia, Bulgaria (travel shield/charm affixed to stocknagel)
Switzerland
Prague, Czech Republic
Vatican City State (Rome, Italy...travel shield/charm affixed to stocknagel)
Linderhof Castle (Bavaria), Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
Mannheim, Germany (travel shield/charm affixed to stocknagel)
Beskydy, Poland
Alsace, France

View attachment 314344 "My cane is now of me. I want it by my side. And I always will, even if [in the future]...I no longer need it's support". Joshua Prager

Last edited:
If you can track one down a Burmese Army Trekking Stick is a great one to have. My mother bought me one years ago and I have used it many times when I have gotten injured.
My two cents worth.
Johnny

I went through a phase where walking was too hard without support, and I went with FasionableCanes.com a lot. I had a derby Carbon Fiber (with flames) that was my favorite, I had a blackthorn that was #2, and an Ebay Costa Rican one that was phenomenally beautiful, and #3. I used a Leki for when I had to cover a lot of distance.

Surgery has made walking much better and most of my canes are with someone who needs them much more.

Top Bottom