What's new

Speakeasy Acquisitions - June 2008

Half pound of Heartfelt Industries 65% RH humidity beads w/ drawstring sack along with a five pack of El Mejor Espresso Torpedos.

June 1: Bottle of Kettle One vodka.
June 2: Six packs of Rogue Dead Guy, Lost Coast Alley Cat Amber, Goose Island Honkers, Goose Island 312, Spaten Optimator.
June 3: Day ain't over yet.

full

MMMMmmmmmmm :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooohhhh...I've heard some good things about that fellow there...I might need to get me some scotch this weekend. :cool:

As if the shaving bit wasn't enough, the scotch guys here have succeeded in hooking me completely on single malts now. I've had the opportunity to try quite a few drams over the past several months at bars and such... and I decided fairly early-on that the Lagavulin was going to be my next purchase. Forgive me for being unable to craft the lofty, flavorful adjectives that scotch nerds use in describing single malts... but suffice it to say that I LOVE this scotch! :biggrin:

I got the same thing as pat today, a bottle of lagavulin 16 bought on impulse.

The whisky shop also had cigars in so on a whim I got a tubed don ramos churchill and a tubed bolivar no1. This is kind of a 'do I like cigars' test as its been a while since I tried one.

full

I've been wanting to try this for quite some time, but couldn't find a bottle locally. I stopped in the liquor store near my office and noticed the owner was wearing a Laphroaig polo. In passing, I noted that I hadn't seen any Laphroaig on his shelves. He said that it was available to order. So, I asked about the Quarter Cask. :biggrin: One day turnaround makes me happy.

j.

Last edited by a moderator:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
My GPS showed up yesterday afternoon!

The Garmins are very intuitive to use. My 350 didn't come with a manual, so I downloaded the hundred page manual from their site. Never used it.

A package from Ristretto Roasters showed up...

Papua New Guinea Peaberry
Ethiopian Yirgacheffe
Central Blend Decaf
A Mexican bean I have not had before...forget the name.

Also a fiver of Torano Virtuoso Encores.

Top Bottom