What's new

Newbie - 1st DE shave

Hi,
I'm proud to announce that i had just done my 1st DE shave!!
Amazingly it was more easy than i thought, no cuts, no hash, no red skin...and more, its almost as good as my usual shave with my mach3 with much less irritation.

It takes me about 20min, i usually do it in 7~10min.

I'm brazilian, and here a simple pack of mach3 blades (x4) is about US$16,00, and i just think its to expensive to keep buying then...so i was wondering if there was another way to get shaved...and then i found B&B. And well, it encouraged me to try DE, luckily i found a DE from my grandpa a Gillette from the 60's, i cleaned it then get some blades at a drugstore near my house.
So after the bath as always...shaved...i used a eletric shaver once, then never more....so my skin are used to the blades then i did it WTG, XTG, ATG...and well...wonderfull.

Thanks B&B, i'm converted!!

*please forgive my English mistakes, as it's not my 1st language.:tongue_sm
*can someone tell me how to post some pics, so you guys can help me find out what DE i'm using as i don't know.

A warm welcome to B&B! No worries, your english is excellent. You can attach pics using the little paper clip icon at the top of the screen (size limited), or insert pics hosted elsewhere on the internet by using the yellow icon with the mountains. Enjoy!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Welcome to B&B!

To post some pictures, you could use the little paper clip over the text box where you type your message. If it's not there, you will have a button below 'Go Advanced' it will then allow you to have the paper clip and upload the images.

If your files are hosted by another website such as flickr, you can paste the link here

You will need to put it between
proxy.php

If you give us a good description of the razor we might be able to identify it from your description. Be as specific as possible. Tell us what it says UNDERNEATH the razor, too.

Congrats on a great first DE shave.:cool:

Welcome, and your English is excellent!

What type of soap or cream did you use? What DE blades are easily available in Brazil?

i will post some pics of my DE, i hope that most experienced members can help me find out what model it is.

In the backside is written:
bottom left - Gillette
bottom right - IND. BRASILEIRA (Made in Brazil)
top Left - MARCA REGIST. (TRADE MARK)
top right - a number "4"

The last image are the blades i'm using now, there are more Gillette ones on market but i cant find then that easy.

by the way...can someone help me to get rid of those black dots on the metal?

I have find out that my Gillette blades don't last that long, or i'm doing something wrong.

I was in middle of my second shave with the same blade, then it started to drag...:mad:...well, it was a little difficult to finish without a nick, but i got some red skin on my neck...:bored:

Is it normal? or the blades are very poor quality? By the way i just bought some blades at e-bay (Derby and Feather) to try, but i dont know how long it will take to arive here, since the post service are on strike now.

I forgot to say, my beard is very tick.

I will try the Wilkinson Blades today.

Top Bottom