What's new

Your vote for worst cream ever?

I have a decent selection of creams and Ingram is the most useless for me. Always a very thin lather and I get a good lather with most others.

Ingrams is pretty much at the bottom of my list at the moment; thin, breaks down quickly, smells a bit funny, seems to do something weird to my hair, makes loads of scum. But ask me again in three months, and I'm sure the answer will be completely different.

Barbasol, used it as a teen up until my twentys and always had bad shaves. Plus God only knows what they put in it. It's cheap though.

That's interesting. The old stuff was considered the world's worse cream.

Here's some pics of the new formula. The stripe of cream starting off is a bit misleading, as I kind of smeared it across the brush, it's about 3/4 of an inch long, but isn't as "deep" as it is wide here. If it were a full "diameter" squirt of cream, it would only have been about 1/2 inch long.

1. Shows cream used
2. Lather after about 20 or 30 seconds of whipping
3. Lather left after 3 passes
4. Lather squeezed from the brush after the 3 passes

Attachments

• $Cream used.jpg
    $Cream used.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 901
  • $After lathering.jpg
    $After lathering.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 900
  • $After 3 passes.jpg
    $After 3 passes.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 904
  • $Lather squeezed from brush.jpg
    $Lather squeezed from brush.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 901
To be honest I was a bit dissapointed with Fauldings lather cream, didn't produce as much lather as I expected and it isn't as enjoyable or slick as Palmolive cream, it also doesn't have a great fragrance, but I guess you could call it a 'classical scent"

It is not the "worst" but I guess it won't be frequently used in my rotation of creams, but I will still use it enjoyably for basic shaves. Perhaps a rougher or softer brush might give a better lather.
proxy.php

I guess it doesn't count as a Gel, but I found the king of shaves products sub par on my experiences in the past (using it with a mach3/fusion/quattro whatever). After using it 4 times, I put the bottle back in my cupboard and have never used it since, I believe I threw it out recently.

proxy.php

To be honest I was a bit dissapointed with Fauldings lather cream, didn't produce as much lather as I expected and it isn't as enjoyable or slick as Palmolive cream, it also doesn't have a great fragrance, but I guess you could call it a 'classical scent"

It is not the "worst" but I guess it won't be frequently used in my rotation of creams, but I will still use it enjoyably for basic shaves. Perhaps a rougher or softer brush might give a better lather.
proxy.php

I guess it doesn't count as a Gel, but I found the king of shaves products sub par on my experiences in the past (using it with a mach3/fusion/quattro whatever). After using it 4 times, I put the bottle back in my cupboard and have never used it since, I believe I threw it out recently.

proxy.php

I like KOS shave gel, never had a issue with it.

Oh God! Theres Burt's Bees, Every Man Jack (terrible stuff). I would like to King of shaves but its more like a gel and doesn't lather!

Proraso is the worst that I've tried.

Must not have used too many creams, or have stuck with "name brand" ones only :)

I don't like Proraso either, because of the scent, and need to use about 3X as much cream as with almost any other cream I've tried, but for me it's a completely "passable" shave cream. (C.O. Bigelow is what I've tried, but it's essentially the same stuff.)

I'd never purchase the stuff again, or their shave soap (or Omega soap), even if it were the last product on earth, but that's not because of the scent or performance, but rather, because of the paraben preservatives in the products.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
From a performance standpoint: Dr Bronners and Crapwell Massey, from a reaction to my skin: Musgo Real

Must not have used too many creams, or have stuck with "name brand" ones only :)

I don't like Proraso either, because of the scent, and need to use about 3X as much cream as with almost any other cream I've tried, but for me it's a completely "passable" shave cream. (C.O. Bigelow is what I've tried, but it's essentially the same stuff.)

I'd never purchase the stuff again, or their shave soap (or Omega soap), even if it were the last product on earth, but that's not because of the scent or performance, but rather, because of the paraben preservatives in the products.

Proraso is passable but far inferior to other creams that I have tried, doesn't provide a lot of cushion and prefer a hard cream/soft soap.

Last edited:
Oh God! Theres Burt's Bees, Every Man Jack (terrible stuff). I would like to King of shaves but its more like a gel and doesn't lather!

Yes I noticed it doesn't lather, but I could never seem to get enough slip or cushion from it, always felt like I was dry shaving.

Top Bottom