What's new

Your favorite AS Balms?

L'Occitane Cade, less is more with this balm and a small drop goes a long way to making your face feel great!

Really nice warm, dry juniper scent that lingers through the day, its certainly the longest lasting balm scent that I've used.

REWE at this moment; sadly discontinued :sad:

No. 2 is Sanex Sensitive, which (for reasons unknown to me) only seems to be available in the Benelux

Both are miles better than the Nivea balms, imho.

Haslinger Wellness Sandeholz, Myrsol Emulsion, Goodfella, Nivea Sensitive. All great, gentle, nourishing and calming.

When I feel the need for an AS Balm, I use the LEA from Spain. I switched from Nivea.

proxy.php

proxy.php

SCS fanboy here. Pick your scent knowing that Wendy's balms and milks will do you right. Love the Avocado and Oakmoss & Lavender.

Started with Nivea Sensitive, then went to Speick which was a significant improvement.

Now use the C&E (especially Sienna) or L'Occitane Cade. Both are wonderful soothing non greasy and elegant. Very little is needed so they are actually rather economical despite the initial price.

When I want a soothing, warming rather than cooling, deep cleansing type balm but without fragrance I head for the Ahava.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
My favorite is Clinique M Lotion. It's not terribly expensive and give the amount needed the tube lasts for a very long time.

I also like Castle Forbes Lime (the only one I've tried) which is terribly expensive, but also comes in a large bottle and only requires a small amount of product.

+2 on this. Inexpensive, effective, and light scent.

My main problems with Nivea ASB are that 1) they are too oily, and 2) something in the scent does not agree with me.

I prefer ASBs that are quicker absorbed by the skin, and that have a more neutral and lighter scent.

I'm a fan of the D R Harris Milk (as well as their Pink splash, but that's for another thread) and use it 90% of the time I use a balm. I've also enjoyed the Proraso White and AOS Unscented.

Baxter of California is particularly nice in the summer here in The South, as it's light and has a bit of a cooling effect, as well.

Speick and Pre de Provence are both excellent balms, surprised that they are not mentioned more. Nivea is a good inexpensive alternative.

Top Bottom