What's new

Your favorite AS Balms?

Hi all,

The one I have now Sandalwood ASB from Art of Shaving. I love the scent, and love the performance and hydration. But while I've managed to avoid hardware acquisition disorders like RAD, I'm falling victim to SAD, and why not aftershaves too?! I tried Aqua Velva and am not as much a fan of the splashes.

What's your favorite AS balm? Bonus points for sandalwoods!

St. Charles Sandalwood Balm & Aramis Moisturizing Balm are two of the finest I know of. The Aramis IMHO contains some Sandalwood. !!!

While not a sandalwood, I have really enjoyed the Speick As balm (called "balsam"). It is moisturizing with a clean, subtle scent and no greasy feeling.

QCS Vostok and unscented balms are great! Simply 7 aftershave lotion is also excellent and a great value at $5.

St Charles Avocado Oil A/S Balm--it even has a touch of menthol which feels incredible and does wonders for the skin. Also Institut Karite.

+1. Cheap, effective, available anywhere. Also, the scent is light enough not to interact with fragrance. Very nice choice.
Nivea Sensitive Skin Moisturizing Balm

Yup good stuff, works great heals up any small irritation quickly

Only other balm I have been impressed with was Art of Shaving unscented
It had some sort of soothing/healing property not matched by any other but for the price NIVEA wins. But if you tore up your face badly the AS may be the way to go.

Mennen Afta (love that stuff!). If I'm wearing Calvin Klein Obsession cologne, I'll use Calvin Klein Obsession AS Balm. Just as good as Afta, smells a touch better (to my nose), but definitely more expensive. Plus, I can get Afta at just about any supermarket (the drugstore chains don't see to carry it these days), but the Obsession has to be bought at large department stores, perfume boutiques or the internet.

I'm mostly a splash guy, but I have The New York Shaving Co.'s Elizabeth Street and Old St. Patrick balms, gotten on the cheap from a Bullgoose clearance sale last year. I like them; nice scents, good face-feel afterward, and a little goes a long way. Either one serves as my travel aftershave.

Top Bottom