What's new

Your best/worst razor and blade combo

Best: R41 with GSB blade.
Worst: EJ DE89 with Feather blade. I rushed the prep, bad lather with a puck of Williams, and tried to shave "quickly". Not Good.
Honorable Mention for Worst: Derby blade in anything. Until I started cutting the edges off and using them as shims, I thought they were totally useless!:tongue_sm

Best TTO: Gillette red tip/Feather blade, Actually the red tip shaves very well with any of my top 4 blades (Feather, German WS, Timor (as VDH) and Astra SP).

Best pre-TTO: Gillette New OC (long) with German WS blade. Feather blades are a close second

Worst TTO: Weishi with a Derby blade (I never had the guts to try a Dorco in it. There are some things even the craziest of daredevils should not try.)

Worst pre-TTO: Gillette New OC (short) with a Dorco blade. My face resembled an unbaked pizza with extra large pepperoni pieces all over it.

Honorable mentions: Merkur 1904 and 33C, Gillette Diplomat - I can use any blade inn my top 4 and get great at least a VERY GOOD shave with these

Dishomorable mentions: Gillette Aristocrat - so agressive that almost any blade is just too uncomfortable

Last edited:
Best: Fat Boy with Gillette Silver Blue
Worst: Any OC or slant with a Rapira. You're combining a very agressive razor with a bad blade.

Top Bottom