What's new

Your best Easy AND Efficient razor?

I'm curious about what razors the Forum will list,
as their best "Easy AND Efficient" razor.

What do I mean by that?
Its a razor that *never* bites, never causes irritation, you can use on "auto-pilot", and get a very close shave, nearly every time.

Two in my collection fit the bill:
Lambda Athena
Blutt BR-1 1.20

With the win going to the Blutt - only because I get *slightly* closer shaves with it.

What is your favorite?

(Note: this is not a "what's your smoothest razor" thread.
LOTS of very mild razors are "smooth", but are you getting a BBS shave in 2-3 passes, with no extra buffing, touch-ups, etc?)

My Razors that don't meet this criteria:
Yates Brass H OC
Wolf SS WR1 .74 OC
Wolf SS WR2 1.15 SB
Blackland SS Blackbird SB

All of the above are *excellent* razors, but none is an "auto-pilot" tool, and each will bite (or produce weepers) if you don't "respect the process" (to use a current Gillette commercial credo. LOL)

Last edited:
I'm curious about what razors the Forum will list,
as their best "Easy AND Efficient" razor.

What do I mean by that?
Its a razor that *never* bites, never causes irritation, you can use on "auto-pilot", and get a very close shave, nearly every time.

Two in my collection fit the bill:
Lambda Athena
Blutt BR-1 1.20

With the win going to the Blutt - only because I get *slightly* closer shaves with it.

What is your favorite?

(Note: this is not a "what's your smoothest razor" thread.
LOTS of very mild razors are "smooth", but are you getting a BBS shave in 2-3 passes, with no extra buffing, touch-ups, etc?)

My Razors that don't meet this criteria:
Yates Brass H OC
Wolf SS WR1 .74 OC
Wolf SS WR2 1.15 SB
Blackland SS Blackbird SB

All of the above are *excellent* razors, but none is an "auto-pilot" tool, and each will bite (or produce weepers) if you don't "respect the process" (to use a current Gillette commercial credo. LOL)

Although I've never tried Blutt BR-1 1.20, I've experienced Blutt BR-1 0.99 and Wolfman 1.15. and I dont see much difference in aggressiveness( or possiblity of biting) between two. Wolfman 1.15 also doesnt seem to bite me when I am not concentrating at all.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I guess I’m not quite sure what you mean by respect the process. Why would I want to deviate from a sound process? None of my top razors are inclined to bite. I’m not into aggressive razors. All of them are intuitive and easy to use. That does include the two you mentioned: the Blutt BR-1 1.2 and the Athena.

I can say the same for the Wolfman 0.95, the Rocnel Elite, the ATT X1 and S1, the La Faulx, the Timeless Ti 0.68OC and the PAA Filament. I think the Timeless bronze 0.38 is there but I need more shaves with it to confirm its place.

As you can see, all my Top Razors are in the mild to medium range and have excellent efficiency. They all bring a smile to my face after and often, during my shaves. If you like the mild to medium range, I would guess any of them would work for you, though even then, YMMV, of course.

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
From my current stable I'm able to get 2 pass BBS (without polish) 9/10 times with all of them, but some are more work than others, whether moving more slowly, or having to put more thought into it.

So as far as an essentially auto-pilot shave with near zero risk of getting bitten - GC-84

If the word "efficient" is supposed to be the replacement word for "aggressive" then it's not likely to have "easy" to come along with it. One swipe with an aggressive enough razor can potentially swipe all the way across your face or neck and take all of the hair off, even after one weeks growth, and not get clogged. I think of overclocking a Merkur Progress or Futur for this(go double the max settings). If you do this, you also have to pay attention. Even with experience, it's not exactly an autopilot situation, although it can be close to that if that's all you use.

For easy and some blade gap, a vintage schick adjustable fully open comes to mind, but this is the Double Edge section.

Top Bottom