What's new

Yeti cup?

Watch the video above which compares the brands in 4 different tests. The differences in performance are so small, I'd call them negligible. If they all perform the same, I'm from the school of thought that would ask, "Why pay more?".

Agreed. I had some Amazon points so I ordered the RTIC 30 oz for less than $10 shipped. I am sure I will pick up the Ozark if I find myself in a Walmart. I drink out a Nalgene with a soft cover all day. I go through 5 pounds of ice each day so I am glad I caught this thread.

Agreed. I had some Amazon points so I ordered the RTIC 30 oz for less than $10 shipped. I am sure I will pick up the Ozark if I find myself in a Walmart. I drink out a Nalgene with a soft cover all day. I go through 5 pounds of ice each day so I am glad I caught this thread.

Awesome. Let us know how you like it when it comes in !

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Well, I was in Cabela's for powder, balls, and caps for my Italian 1858 Remington cap and ball revolver clone, and I picked up the yeti 30 oz tumbler, 32 oz screw top thermos, and the can cooler. I love them all. I really wanted the ice chest but cheeeeeez... way to much $ for an ice chest. It's not like it is made out of platinum or something. The Ozark Trails tumbler looks good and costs a lot less than a yeti but yeti I got and yeti I will probably still have when I die.

Good stuff lasts. I still have my Grandpa's old 1940's thermos. So old it originally didnt have a handle. When the newfangled ones came out with handles and he saw his coworkers with them, he fabricated a handle for his. I still use it sometimes, and it gives the Yeti a run for the money, yeah.

have both a yeti and a rtic both excellent. use them every day. saw a cute u tube of father and son that tears things apart "Whats inside..." did a yeti and 4 others. virually same but yeti did keep water 3 degrees cooler after 15 minutes in oven at 350. friend let me buy my yeti at cost so is go with it most. the rtic is orange and colored for fun. but the stainless on the yets is amazing to view. I have some arthritis in hands and have to use the holder and they are a bit disappointing in fit.

View attachment 681941

Here's what I'm talking about

That's not the yeti tumber. That is the Yeti Rambler... its 36 oz versus the 30 oz Tumbers (from Yeti, Rtic, and Ozark Trails) that are usually compared. I don't know about Ozark Trail, but Rtic has a similar product (they call Bottle) in both the 36oz and even 64 oz sizes and they have the screw off top you desire.

https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/drinkware/bottles

And the Rtic is way less expensive than the Yeti as you can see from the link. I have the Yeti, btw, and note it does not fit in a car cupholder. So I doubt it will fit on a cupholder designed for a motorcycle. While the screw top does a much better job of keeping things cold, you may still be better off with the tumble types.

No, the Yeti Rambler(s) probably will not fit in a motorcycle cup holder. I can't say for sure as I have never used one. I carry beverages in the saddlebag. The Yeti 18 oz. does fit in the cup holders in my Ford Explorer and F150 though. I have two. The 18 and 36 oz. sizes. They're great !!

I put my new Ozark Trail 30 oz. to the test to see how long it held ice. I filled it to the cap with the crescent shaped ice cubes that the ice machine in my freezer makes. It wasn't crushed ice so there were a lot of air pockets around the cubes. I just let the cubes melt and I didn't pour out the resulting water. The last little bit of ice melted 46 hours later. I'm impressed! On any given day I would probably only use the tumbler for 12 hours so I know it will certainly fulfill my needs!

Let us commence to beat the deceased equine..

18oz. RTIC vessel. Filled with ice and water. Placed on kitchen counter. Out of sunlight. Climate controlled 74-76 degrees.

Here is what was left after 16 hours

$image.jpg

$image.jpg

Ok......

Let us commence to beat the deceased equine..

18oz. RTIC vessel. Filled with ice and water. Placed on kitchen counter. Out of sunlight. Climate controlled 74-76 degrees.

Here is what was left after 16 hours

View attachment 682934

View attachment 682935

Ok......

But wait.....what shape ice were you using ? And did you pre-prime the vessel with cold liquid beforehand ?! Hahahah

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

$image.jpg

$image.jpg

Yeti 18oz. vessel. 16 hours. Conditions identical to those described above.
Upon inspection.....Here's what we had:

So, all I know is as follows:
1. Yeti and RTIC 18 oz. vessels are very similar in appearance, almost identical.
2. Yeti vessel is made in the USA; RTIC is made in China
3. Yeti costs about 4x what an RTIC does
4. Straightforward and simple test clearly shows Yeti's thermal properties are significantly superior to RTIC's.
5. Yeti lid screws in a tad easier.
6. Both products come with stickers.
7. RTIC products must be ordered online. Yetis can be bought all over.

Verdict?
$30.00 never broke anyone. Other than the price quotient the Yeti (to me) in an empirical and pretty simple comparison wins. Q.E.D.

That is all I have to say about this issue.

Oh...hopefully RTIC will send my missing o-ring soon. No word as of yet.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure the Yeti ramblers/tumblers are made in China. If you go to a store that sells them, check out the bar code on the bottom of the cup.

So, all I know is as follows:
1. Yeti and RTIC 18 oz. vessels are very similar in appearance, almost identical.
2. Yeti vessel is made in the USA; RTIC is made in China
3. Yeti costs about 4x what an RTIC does
4. Straightforward and simple test clearly shows Yeti's thermal properties are significantly superior to RTIC's.
5. Yeti lid screws in a tad easier.
6. Both products come with stickers.
7. RTIC products must be ordered online. Yetis can be bought all over.

Verdict?
$30.00 never broke anyone. Other than the price quotient the Yeti (to me) in an empirical and pretty simple comparison wins. Q.E.D.

That is all I have to say about this issue.

Oh...hopefully RTIC will send my missing o-ring soon. No word as of yet.

Actually, Yeti drinkware is made in China... according to their web site:

Our Tundra coolers are manufactured in the USA at facilities located in Iowa and Wisconsin as well as at a facility located in the Philippines. Our Hopper coolers and Rambler drinkware are manufactured in China. Want a YETI Tundra made in the USA? Call us at 512.394.9384 and we’ll make it happen.

http://yeti.com/faq/?___SID=U

You are correct...I never knew they outsourced anything to China. Learn something new everyday.

....and RTIC sent the o-ring out today. Speaks well of their customer service.

Top Bottom