What's new

World Series 2010 (Formerly MLB Playoffs)

My wife and I have had disagreements about downtown ballparks before. She grew up in the Candlestick/Coliseum era, so taking a long drive to see a game was normal for her. I'm a big fan of the Toronto/Bronx/Boston/Chicago model of having a strong vibrant community right outside the gates. Living in Philly for a few years really reinforced how much more fun it is to be able to pre- and post-game with a huge crowd of fans instead of everyone dispersing into a hundred different directions as soon as the game ends.

:thumbup1:

Yes, there is nothing like the atmosphere you describe. I agree with most of the cities you mentioned. However, that never seemed to the the case in Yankee stadium since it was not in an area of the Bronx in which you want to hang out.

+1 on the downtown ballparks. Here in Pittsburgh we have a team that would struggle in AA but we have a major league ballpark. If you sit any where along the 3rd base side you get a great view of the city skyline while you watch the Pirates lose. A lot of fans tailgate too.

Now, about this series. I am amazed that the road warrior rangers are playing like this. They seem to be lacking that fire they had in the playoffs. Can't dismiss what the Giants are doing though. They look like the team that really wants to win the series.

Being a yankees fan and originally from the bronx all I can say is I'm glad lee didn't have it game one and game two made me happy. I need my revenge. Go giants!

Being a yankees fan and originally from the bronx all I can say is I'm glad lee didn't have it game one and game two made me happy. I need my revenge. Go giants!

Honestly, I was happy to see Cliff Lee loose. I just wish Uribe's home run would have been off of Cliff Lee. It is only human nature to enjoy seeing the best falter.

+1
I'm a Giants fan, but I'm not too confident about our starting pitchers when compared to the Rangers. The series is far from over; the fat lady has yet to sing. Go Giants!

I'm hoping for the Rangers to win all three at home so we can have a great chance at a 7-game series. Although not a Texas fan per se, I am glad they are getting their piece of the pie after all these years.

I'm hoping for the Rangers to win all three at home so we can have a great chance at a 7-game series. Although not a Texas fan per se, I am glad they are getting their piece of the pie after all these years.

If I were pressed to make a prediction I would choose the home team winning the games, so I give the Giants a slight edge. After the first two games, though, I was wondering if we could see a sweep.

I am an Angels fan, and think that a Western Division World Series is good for the West.

It's good for baseball because if Texas wins it's their first World Series championship and if San Francisco wins, it will be the first one since 1954 when they were the New York Giants.

Two guys at my work (Phils fans) made two predictions.

1. The giants can't get runs, the games will all be low scoring.

2. Cliff Lee won't be outpitched two games in a row.

I predicted the Giants would sweep the series. I was closer than they were.

Pitching: that's what it's all about.

The Giants' rotation and bullpen should be fun to watch for at least a few years. And as much as Lincecum and Cain (0.00 ERA!) impress, Madison Bumgarner may be the real star! Throw in the incredibly poised Buster Posey and the leadership of the underrated Bruce Bochy and you have a great foundation - and all home grown!

Yep, I'm biased. But it's hard to argue with the Giants' formula for success. WORLD CHAMPIONS! :thumbup:

Let's go do it tonight

Humm-Baby!

We did! :w00t:

This is a real Hmmmm-Baby!
I have not heard that since the days of Roger Craig and Will Clark.

Congrats to SF and the fans!

Thanks. :001_smile

Pitching: that's what it's all about.

The Giants' rotation and bullpen should be fun to watch for at least a few years. And as much as Lincecum and Cain (0.00 ERA!) impress, Madison Bumgarner may be the real star! Throw in the incredibly poised Buster Posey and the leadership of the underrated Bruce Bochy and you have a great foundation - and all home grown!

Yep, I'm biased. But it's hard to argue with the Giants' formula for success. WORLD CHAMPIONS! :thumbup:

+1 :thumbup:

I wish I was back home in San Francisco to savor this!

And to think they did it without one of the steroid kings, B. Bonds! :lol:

Congrats to SF and all their fans.

:thumbup:

Incredible pitching and defense too. Some great plays. Baseball the way it should be played.

After the game the players were all class acts. I was particularly impressed by the comments by Wilson and Ross.

And to think they did it without one of the steroid kings, B. Bonds! :lol:

Yes! All the more satisfying to do it as a team!

:thumbup:

Incredible pitching and defense too. Some great plays. Baseball the way it should be played.

After the game the players were all class acts. I was particularly impressed by the comments by Wilson and Ross.

+1 Ross is classy and despite his sometimes crazy ways, Wilson respects the game. Posey is another one who conducts himself well beyond his years. Great guys.

Top Bottom