What's new

World Series 2010 (Formerly MLB Playoffs)

I got my ticket for game two. Go Giants!

proxy.php

What is everyone picking for the World Series? I think it will be the Rangers in seven. My predictions is that Cliff Lee and CJ Wilson win both of their starts. Game one should be a very good matchup between Lee and Lincecum.

I hope it goes 7. I come from a family of yankees fans but I am also a baseball fan. I think this is great to see these two "underdogs" playing each other for the championship. I am going to root for the giants. They have a ton of history and have had so many great players pass through the organization since the last time they won it all.

Boy was that an exciting game. Can't wait for the series to start! :001_smile

Until that final strike, I was planning on there being a game 7. There was also this short pause before the Umpire called the strike.

I got my ticket for game two. Go Giants!

proxy.php

GO GIANTS!

I hope it goes 7. I come from a family of yankees fans but I am also a baseball fan. I think this is great to see these two "underdogs" playing each other for the championship. I am going to root for the giants. They have a ton of history and have had so many great players pass through the organization since the last time they won it all.

The last time the Giants won a World Series was back in New York. They have been to the World Series a few times in San Francisco, but have never won.

What is everyone picking for the World Series? I think it will be the Rangers in seven. My predictions is that Cliff Lee and CJ Wilson win both of their starts. Game one should be a very good matchup between Lee and Lincecum.

Giants!
Lincecum makes me nervous; in fact, watching the Giants play is torture ... but torture never felt so good!

Ya'll are saying this and they got traded to a team that has been historically bad about getting rid of talent before they shine.

Michael

What do you mean? I do not think anyone was trying to bash the Rangers, if that is what you inferred.

I turned it off in the third inning because I was tired. I guess I should have watched a little longer. In my opinion, yesterday was a must win for the Rangers.

What do you mean? I do not think anyone was trying to bash the Rangers, if that is what you inferred.

I turned it off in the third inning because I was tired. I guess I should have watched a little longer. In my opinion, yesterday was a must win for the Rangers.

I don't think anyone was bashing the Rangers, it was a statement because 2 guys were complaining about losing two stars. I pointed out the Rangers have traded away a ton of players and it was time the Rangers got their due in the trade regard.

No game is truly is a must win except for an elimination game, but I must agree that we probably needed Lee to win. Something spooked him and he lost his confidence (you could see it in his eyes) and the Giants lit him up. Lincecum started without confidence and the Rangers were laying into him until he found his confidence.

Michael

Last edited:
I think the Rangers still have a good chance. I like their two through four pitchers better than the Giants'. Cliff Lee will be able to start at home next time, so that should help him.

I found this interesting article today. I wonder if that will come into play. If I remember correctly, Amber Sabathia did not want to NY either, but Brian Cashman ended up convincing her.

I think the Rangers still have a good chance. I like their two through four pitchers better than the Giants'. Cliff Lee will be able to start at home next time, so that should help him.

I found this interesting article today. I wonder if that will come into play. If I remember correctly, Amber Sabathia did not want to NY either, but Brian Cashman ended up convincing her.

Interesting article.

I am a former NYer (Yankee fan) and took my sons many years ago to a Mets game at Shea Stadium. Atlanta was in town. At the time my sons were quite young. All of a sudden some drunken fans - both Mets and Atlanta - got in a cursing match and began throwing beer at each other and the surrounding fans. It became a nightmare and security did not do a thing about it. I have seen loud obnoxious fans at every ballpark I have gone to over the years. It is unfortunate that some fans act so infantile and obnoxious.

The game last night looked like it was going to be a close one. However, it became evident after a while that Lee's control was off and one can only wonder what happened to the gloves of the rangers.

I tuned it off after the 8th inning.

Hopefully, tonight's game will be better played.

Since none of my teams are in the series I can be an unbiased observer. :w00t:

I've spent my whole life as a Giants fan waiting for next year, except 2002 when 5 outs would have made all the difference. My proudest moment as a Giants fan was in 1982 when Joe Morgan's delicious home run on the last day of the season knocked the reviled Dodgers out, not a moment of actual Giants post season glory.

I'm getting pretty excited. Most of the experts said Rangers in 5 or Rangers in 6, and I'm saying...

It won't be Rangers in 5!

Roger

Wow, good game by the Giants. It is odd, though, how Matt Cain goes 7+ IP and only strikes out two batters.

Baseball is certainly an incredible game.

How could the Rangers with such hot bats in the playoffs suddenly go ice cold and swing at pitches out of the zone (I realize that Giants' pitching is great - but the Yankees and Rays had good pitchers too) and then their relief pitchers can't find the plate?

I don't think I have ever seen so many pitchers walk home so many runs.

I certainly thought the Rangers would do better than this. :glare:

Crazy atmosphere at the game last night, I got a lot of random hugs from strangers.

The fans were really into it. I used to travel to SF on business many times a year and never thought a downtown ball park would fly in SF. Needless to say, the old ball park in South SF was a difficult place to play baseball in with the crazy weather and fog. However, I never thought downtown SF would attract baseball fans. Boy was I wrong.

I used to make it a point to visit as many ball parks as I could when I traveled. Many of these ball parks are no longer there. I recall when Minneapolis built a new closed one by the airport and I was surprised at how expensive everything was at that time. Of course, now those prices would be cheap. That was the first time I saw fans waving those annoying towels. Now it seems that is the norm except in Atlanta where it is those dumb tomahawks.

In any event, it was great to see a large, enthusiastic crowd there. :laugh:

The fans were really into it. I used to travel to SF on business many times a year and never thought a downtown ball park would fly in SF. Needless to say, the old ball park in South SF was a difficult place to play baseball in with the crazy weather and fog. However, I never thought downtown SF would attract baseball fans. Boy was I wrong.

My wife and I have had disagreements about downtown ballparks before. She grew up in the Candlestick/Coliseum era, so taking a long drive to see a game was normal for her. I'm a big fan of the Toronto/Bronx/Boston/Chicago model of having a strong vibrant community right outside the gates. Living in Philly for a few years really reinforced how much more fun it is to be able to pre- and post-game with a huge crowd of fans instead of everyone dispersing into a hundred different directions as soon as the game ends.

Top Bottom