What's new

I don’t really care until October

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
MLB Playoffs.

Yeah, I’m a Cubs fan. We’ve had our ups and downs. But honestly…I don’t watch much during regular season. I subscribed to the MLB At Bat for the past 3 years and I’ve probably watched…..10 full games within that whole time. So for 2024 I didn’t renew. It’s just hard to watch a regular season baseball game on TV. Let’s be honest….boring. Even with the new pitch timer supposedly to make the game quicker, more exciting…still boring.

BUT, there is one time during the season I do get pumped up. The Playoffs! And it doesn’t matter who is in. I try to watch every game from the Wild Card straight through the World Series. I pick my teams (AL & NL) and I root for them throughout the playoffs. If they fall out…welp, I just pick a new team. None are (usually) MY TEAM anyway. For me this is exciting baseball. Where everything is on the line, every pitch matters, every at bat matters. It’s what you play the entire season for…to get here. October baseball!

Rangers vs Phillies is my pick.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I don’t even count on next year. I don’t think the Cubs will win a title for another 100 years. Cubs fans will be fans no matter what and the owners know this. They don’t have to spend a fortune on a winning team because no one cares. The White Sox will likely move to another city within the next 5 years and that will even more solidify the Cubs as Chicago’s team. They can have a budget of $75 million and people would turn up and tune in to watch. It’s the Chicago Cubs baby! Win or loose it’s a winning team.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Some great games tonight! Suck the Astros won but it ain’t over. Snakes just tied it too. Dang!

I literally used to know the starting lineup of every team in baseball ... but that was a long, long time ago.
I still love the game but admittedly don't follow it the way I used to, listening to Al Michaels and then Marty Brennaman and Joe Nuxall (..."the old left hander rounding third and heading for home") doing Reds games on 700 WLW out of Cincinnati. I hated the Reds, truth be told, but they were a great team and the announcing crew was fantastic.
Okay ... I'm daydreaming now. Sorry.
I'm pulling for a Rangers/Phillies series. I'm sick of the Astros. The Diamondbacks are okay ... I just don't know much about them.
Like I said, I don't follow the game as closely as I used to. But come playoff time, I watch every playoff game. It's still a beautiful game.

Top Bottom