What's new

Wolfman WR3

Web site hasn't changed much in years. When your name comes up Tara is super helpful and there's no obligation to carry through with the purchase, which can also be changed to whatever your final choices are.

Lovely shave today.
Imagepipe_0.jpg

What WR3 would this be close to?
I only have the OC .35 and the Sabre L2 but I'd say it would be hard to do a side by side match.
The Wolfman feels like a totally different razor due to the geometry, weight, etc.. I can't perceive any blade gap feeling
anything like the Sabre L2! But of course, I can be totally wrong.

Edit:
I'm considering selling my WR3!
I still can't get used to it's massive size and despite it shaving well, it's not really "better" than a couple of other razors that I love.

I only have the OC .35 and the Sabre L2 but I'd say it would be hard to do a side by side match.
The Wolfman feels like a totally different razor due to the geometry, weight, etc.. I can't perceive any blade gap feeling
anything like the Sabre L2! But of course, I can be totally wrong.

Edit:
I still can't get used to it's massive size and despite it shaving well, it's not really "better" than a couple of other razors that I love.
My concern with the large head it how does it shave ATG? Around the chin and under the nose?

My concern with the large head it how does it shave ATG? Around the chin and under the nose?
I only do WTG & XTG with my shaves!
Somebody else might be able to chime in on the ATG performance!
For me, it shaves fine and gives excellent shaves but the head gets in the way of me being able to see
the spot I'm shaving. So it's not a problem of it not being able to reach any area. It does that fine just like any other razor.

The size and shape is undoubtedly very different from other GEMs, like the Sabre and Vestige. I have the Sabre, considering a Vestige head. Note this is coming from a convinced Wolfman fan, having enjoyed all four designs, but I have not found the size of the head on the WR3 to be an issue. I also really like the Blackbird and I have no doubt that I'd like the Vestige just as much, so I never pit one against the other. To own any one of them is to have best in class. However, I'm presently using the WR3 with a Darwin handle which in my opinion is not the best match to pair the most diminutive handle design with the largest head design.
Also, the last two shaves have not been as efficient as expected. Today I realized that I pulled the blade from an unpackaged assortment of blades in my drawer and not from my pack of Personna coated blades. I'll switch the blade out next shave to confirm. I did get a smooth shave with this blade without any nicks, weepers or red skin, but I did more passes to get it and the face feels was not very smooth.
Imagepipe_0.jpg

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead

Not any more, he's not! :) It's sitting in the Shave Cave at Chez Hippie now.

One shave in the book. It's been a while since my last Gem style shave. I think it was back in SEptember, and then I used my heretofore favourite Gem-ish, the Little Lather Catcher or Ever Ready 1914. I had a Sabre for a couple of years and it was a great razor, very well made. L1 was pretty good for me but it needed a sharp blade, L2 was good for eking one more shave out but I learned that it was a recipe for troubles if I tried to go too far with it.

I had some struggles with an MMOC, so I was definitely a bit trepidatious about the WR3. I'm a head shaver, so I don't have to worry about fitting the head under my nose. :) Lovely DFS without too much trying this morning. This'll be an adventure. I'll keep you posted!

O.H.

Top Bottom