What's new

Wolfman WR3

They are rebranding the old Personna PTFE blades @Leverspro

View attachment 1798105
View attachment 1798106

AccuTec Pro Razor Blades (formerly GEM Razor Blades)

The GEM razor blades that we know well and have used for many years have been rebranded! As of the most recent shipment (October 2023), GEM razor blades will now be under the name AccuTec Pro Premium. These are the same blades with a different name. We've included photos of the new packaging vs the old packaging so that you'll know what to expect when your order arrives.

AccuTec Pro Premium razor blades (formerly Personna GEM razor blades) are extremely popular for their durability and sharpness. These 3 faceted stainless steel blades are PTFE coated for added durability and reduced friction. As before, the blade edge has the same thickness measurement of 0.009 inch / 0.23mm.

Each pack includes 100 razor blades.

For those of you who keep track, here are the manufacturer's part numbers:
Personna GEM # 62-0178
AccuTec Pro Premium # APBL-7063-0000
Thanks for that. I wonder if Connought still has old stock, or have not updated their page.

Back to back GEM shaves, yesterday with the MMOC and today the WR3 with the same blade. The vintage razors are very capable and admirable for what they are but the moderns are at another level of comfort, efficiency and beauty. A remarkable tool.
Imagepipe_0.jpg

Back to back GEM shaves, yesterday with the MMOC and today the WR3 with the same blade. The vintage razors are very capable and admirable for what they are but the moderns are at another level of comfort, efficiency and beauty. A remarkable tool. View attachment 1799799
Your pics of the WR3 have recently made me consider one, and I've even never shaved with a GEM razor before 🤣 I really don't want to open the door for this. I'm happy with all my WR1 and WR2s. What is the benefit of the WR3 over the WR1 and WR2? I'm sure it's apples and oranges but any thoughts might make me rule this out or do more research.

Your pics of the WR3 have recently made me consider one, and I've even never shaved with a GEM razor before 🤣 I really don't want to open the door for this. I'm happy with all my WR1 and WR2s. What is the benefit of the WR3 over the WR1 and WR2? I'm sure it's apples and oranges but any thoughts might make me rule this out or do more research.
Hmm. A pretty serious case you have. :lemo:
In one word I would have to say it boils down to comfort for me. The WR3 and WR4 stand out for me in the ease with which they can give me the smooth face that I admittedly crave. I'm sure others would have their own reasons for giving the WR3 their attention.

Hmm. A pretty serious case you have. :lemo:
In one word I would have to say it boils down to comfort for me. The WR3 and WR4 stand out for me in the ease with which they can give me the smooth face that I admittedly crave. I'm sure others would have their own reasons for giving the WR3 their attention.
Both my WR1 and WR2s can provide the comfort and ease already, especially with the higher gaps. I wouldn't even know where to start with the WR3. The highest gap I've seen reading threads on WR3 seems to be .74OC but knowing me I'd probably want to up that to 1.00 OC, but I've never had a GEM razor so I wouldn't want to go in blind like I sort of did with the WR1 when I started going for the larger gaps.

Last edited:
Both my WR1 and WR2s can provide the comfort and ease already, especially with the higher gaps. I wouldn't even know where to start with the WR3. The highest gap I've seen reading threads on WR3 seems to be .74OC but knowing me I'd probably want to up that to 1.00 OC, but I've never had a GEM razor so I wouldn't want to go in blind like I sort of did with the WR1 when I started going for the larger gaps.
Try picking up a vintage GEM for kicks. It would let you feel the difference of the thick, stiff, spined blade.

Hello everyone,
Had my first WR3 .35 OC shave tonight and will give a quick, straight to the point review.
Keep in mind that this is my first Wolfman razor:
2 pass WTG/XTG (No ATG), Personna coated GEM blade
-The fit & finish is excellent. Probably the best I've seen on any razor (I won't compare this metric to any other razor because I don't want to put down any other razor). I've got plenty of other razors that will never have this fit & finish but are also excellent performers!
-The basic matte finish is excellent!
-The head is large but manageable. It didn't bother me one bit and this was one of my initial doubts.
-The handle is wonderful: The 98mm length is perfectly proportioned for the head heavy WR3 and brings a perfect balance to the entire razor. I honestly can't imagine using a shorter handle with this razor!
The feel, threading, knurling etc.. is all superb!
-Now for the shave:
My goal is always a DFS that will last me throughout the day (I shave daily). This razor in the .35 OC doesn't disappoint. After spending 3 months researching and reading everyone's experiences with blade gaps and head type, I most definitely made the perfect choice. It's incredibly smooth and efficient enough! Slight blade feel with it's
0.05" blade exposure that translates to an absolutely non aggressive shave.
Zero learning curve, it shaves like a vintage GEM!
It's as good as it gets for daily use!
I was left with an almost BBS shave that feels as if no blade ever touched my face.
All in all, Wolfman makes an excellent product and I'm very happy with my choice!
Now, is it worth the price?
That's very subjective! But you're paying for a very very fine and well built tool.
Like I said, some of my other razors are really good too. But hey, I had to finally try a Wolfman.
Considering that I really really like GEM razors, I probably won't buy another entire Wolfman. At some point, I might order a closed comb head to have it as a combo with this OC but won't go beyond that (based on their current lineup).
So that's my take on this wonderful razor. All I can say is that James really knows what he's doing!

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
Had my first WR3 .35 OC shave tonight and will give a quick, straight to the point review.
-The fit & finish is excellent. Probably the best I've seen on any razor (I won't compare this metric to any other razor because I don't want to put down any other razor). I've got plenty of other razors that will never have this fit & finish but are also excellent performers!
-The head is large but manageable. It didn't bother me one bit and this was one of my initial doubts.
-The handle is wonderful: The 98mm length is perfectly proportioned for the head heavy WR3 and brings a perfect balance to the entire razor. I honestly can't imagine using a shorter handle with this razor!
The feel, knurling etc.. is all superb!
-Now for the shave:
My goal is always a DFS that will last me throughout the day (I shave daily). This razor in the .35 OC doesn't disappoint. After spending 3 months researching and reading everyone's experiences with blade gaps and head type, I most definitely made the perfect choice. It's incredibly smooth and efficient enough! Slight blade feel with it's
I was left with an almost BBS shave that feels as if no blade ever touched my face.
All in all, Wolfman makes an excellent product and I'm very happy with my choice!
That's very subjective! But you're paying for a very very fine and well built tool.
Like I said, some of my other razors are really good too. But hey, I had to finally try a Wolfman.
Considering that I really really like GEM razors, I probably won't buy another entire Wolfman. At some point, I might order a closed comb head to have it as a combo with this OC but won't go beyond that (based on their current lineup).
So that's my take on this wonderful razor. All I can say is that James really knows what he's doing!

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full
Glad to hear you're not disappointed! It's good to hear that the OC is also comfortable.

I've seen pictures of an .86 but I wouldn't recommend it personally. The .74 was a lot of blade feel.

If you want to test the waters buy a Micromatic and see if GEM blades are to your taste. They are completely different to DE blades. The lack of flex and chatter gives me incredibly smooth and comfortable ATG passes in particular. My WR1 razors just sit in their boxes now.

Hello everyone,
The feel, threading, knurling etc.. is all superb!
-Now for the shave:

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full
BEAUTY! 🤩

Great review - James is a Wizard and the WR3 is wonderfully smooth and efficient shaver.

Great to hear it works so well for you.

I've seen pictures of an .86 but I wouldn't recommend it personally. The .74 was a lot of blade feel.

If you want to test the waters buy a Micromatic and see if GEM blades are to your taste. They are completely different to DE blades. The lack of flex and chatter gives me incredibly smooth and comfortable ATG passes in particular. My WR1 razors just sit in their boxes now.
What's the largest gap OC that's still somewhat smooth? .74? .60?

I've not tried anything inbetween .50 and .74 in the open comb. The .74 was however a prototype so could be different to buying new. It's possible I needed more shaves to get a handle on it but I only had two prototype plates for a week. The .50 was smooth but I don't want or need as much exposure for daily shaving.

The .60 has .15mm of exposure. There are others on here who have the .60 open comb... @Howlelujah would be better placed to give an opinion.

Don't make me buy another one in stainless lol

I love that combination in bronze. Hands down my favourite out of everything I've tried -- and I've tried lots of different setups! Everytime I get the email from Tara I say I'm going to get a different razor but always end up with a WR3...

Top Bottom