What's new

Wolfman WR3

Cool. Looks interesting. GEM blades?

I have a WR2 and was planning to buy a WR1 when my number comes up again soon. I am comfortable sticking with my WR1 decision. I was worried that a new WR3 would be a DE or a small head AC SE and something I couldn’t live without. 👍

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I have, and have had, a large number of GEM style razors. Both vintage and modern. I have not really bonded with any of them to enough of a degree that would warrant the kind of investment required to get one of these WR3 razors. And for that reason, I’m out. But seriously, that looks amazing. I have my fourth Wolfman on the way, so I am a big fan. But the GEM type razors just are not my thing.

I’ve never used a GEM razor and with the limited blade options I kinda viewed them as the Betamax of razor formats so I never considered one. They also look clunky compared to a Blackland Vector. But maybe that is all unfair and it is certainly an uninformed opinion. I’m sure James has considered all this and concluded there is a good market for it.

Because this is a Wolfman, I’m sure it will generate some initial sales and interest. I am a happy owner of a WR1 and WR2 and generally a big fan. Given the excellence of those two models, I am not surprised James is trying another platform.

I’m with @BradWorld on this—I never really bonded with the GEM format. I have an MMOC I pick up when the mood hits me, but I can’t see myself running out to buy this.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Because this is a Wolfman, I’m sure it will generate some initial sales and interest. I am a happy owner of a WR1 and WR2 and generally a big fan. Given the excellence of those two models, I am not surprised James is trying another platform.

I’m with @BradWorld on this—I never really bonded with the GEM format. I have an MMOC I pick up when the mood hits me, but I can’t see myself running out to buy this.
I feel the same — never bonded with Gems. This is a hard pass for me as well.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Firstly, I want to welcome all of the DE shavers to the SE part of the forum....after reading many of the comments, I actually double-checked to see if this thread was in the right section :001_smile . As someone who tends to grab one of my many GEM razors over one of my many DE razors, I am definitely intrigued. That said, most of my razors are vintage, so I'll be one of those waiting to hear how the WR3 compares to the an MMOC (or other Micromatic, or an Ever-Ready, or a Star, or a....you get the picture). I am always happy to see the GEM format get some modern investment and attention.

It looks absolutely massive compared to the Sabre!

It doesn’t help that the first person to get one doesn’t even know that it takes GEM blades (if you read the comments on their Instagram post). So we’re not going to be able to get any meaningful impressions about the performance yet.

Another interesting thing about the Instagram post is that it tags James’s account, which I wasn’t aware of before. He doesn’t have very many people following him there, so I suspect I’m not alone in this. He’s posted a ridiculous looking DE head he’s experimenting with that looks like cartoonishly large fangs. I feeling pretty disappointed in the direction Wolfman seems to be going.

Another interesting thing about the Instagram post is that it tags James’s account, which I wasn’t aware of before. He doesn’t have very many people following him there, so I suspect I’m not alone in this. He’s posted a ridiculous looking DE head he’s experimenting with that looks like cartoonishly large fangs. I feeling pretty disappointed in the direction Wolfman seems to be going.
Agreed.

Not sure what the hell this thing is?

http://instagr.am/p/CUML4cJrc83/

Top Bottom