What's new

Williams Mug

Williams re-trial, shave 3. After 6 days of soaking the puck a little each day, my third Williams shave proved to have thicker lather than the previous two. Slickness is still very good. No irritation and a near-BBS.

I'll probably grab a few pucks if I see them due to the "limited production" comments I'm seeing.

Williams re-trial, shave 3. After 6 days of soaking the puck a little each day, my third Williams shave proved to have thicker lather than the previous two. Slickness is still very good. No irritation and a near-BBS.

I'll probably grab a few pucks if I see them due to the "limited production" comments I'm seeing.

Many hard soaps that people have difficulty lathering, like Williams and MWF, tend to get easier to lather as you use them more since they will take on water and you'll be able to load more soap more easily.

If you are in CONUS, there is an eBay seller in Brooklyn (i think it's pharmanyc) selling Williams for 99 cents per puck, and then 3.99 shipping. Order 6 or 7 pucks :laugh:.

thank you very much. I will check that now. I think I want some so I can always have it to play with, lol. I do like the shaves I get, I do like the slickness it provides, but I can't nail down the lather density. It gives me a wee bit of irritation when I steive for BBS. But I still can't help, but want to try sometimes!

So I've been giving this williams mug soap a go for the first time. I've been soaking it before loading like recommended. I've been face lathering although I did try bowl lathering once. I've been getting a disappointing foamy lather. It's not like my other soaps. I'm using an omega 10049 boar hair. Any suggestions?

So I've been giving this williams mug soap a go for the first time. I've been soaking it before loading like recommended. I've been face lathering although I did try bowl lathering once. I've been getting a disappointing foamy lather. It's not like my other soaps. I'm using an omega 10049 boar hair. Any suggestions?

Do a long load time and I like tossing it into a mug and lathering right on the puck. The problem is you just aren't getting enough product on your load so you need to load more and it will really make a huge difference.

OldSaw

The wife's investment

1. Go to your nearest artesian well and place Williams in a silver goblet, (make sure it's not just silver plated), let artesian water run into the goblet for 6 days. On the morning of the seventh day, just as the sun breaks over the horizon, return to the well and if your silver goblet hasn't been stolen it should be very clean and ready for your next shave soap.
  2. Place puck in bottom of large mug or bowl, press 3-4 sticks of Arko over the top of it. Your lather will explode.
  3. Squirt a teaspoon of your favorite shaving cream in a tube on top of the Williams. This will make a super lather that is only minimally reduced in effectiveness by the presence of Williams. Edit: Must be repeated for every shave.
  4. Throw it in the bottom of a large trash bin, your shaves will improve.

Last edited:
[MENTION=1083]OldSaw[/MENTION]
Surely you can find something more worth your time than mocking a shaving soap that doesn't suit your exquisite taste for accoutrements.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
@OldSaw
Surely you can find something more worth your time than mocking a shaving soap that doesn't suit your exquisite taste for accoutrements.

Nope. That was clearly worth my time, because it was fun.

Surely you could take a break from being overly serious. Let your sense of humor out for a bit. You will find life is a lot more fun when you can incorporate humor and laughter into your daily routine.

Here's some suggestions:

• Pick a topic that gets hammered ad nauseam (like the endless barrage of Williams threads), then take a stand on one side or the other and write something about it that makes you laugh.
  • Stand up and force out a big belly laugh. This induces real laughter and helps lighten your mood.
  • Ask yourself this question, "Will this topic make a difference to humanity?" If the answer is, "no", then feel free to have fun with it.
  • Get creative and really think about your word usage so as to increase the humor (use a thesaurus if necessary).
  • Make a project out of it until you get yourself laughing.

Here's some things to avoid:

• Find someone who disagrees with you and accuse them of not having the proper knowledge or skill to get on your side of the fence.
  • Be condescending.
  • Make suggestions about what other people should be doing with their time.
  • Taking yourself too seriously.

Wow! That was fun. I enjoyed that. I hope you did too. Thanks for suggesting that I find something more worth my time, because this certainly was. Is there a smile on your face? Even a little one? Come on admit it, you do have a sense of humor and I'm making you chuckle even if just quietly to yourself.

Clearly you couldn't read the lighthearted sarcasm in my post. Try not take things so seriously, you'll end up going a little over the top. It is, after all, soap.

Nope. That was clearly worth my time, because it was fun.

Surely you could take a break from being overly serious. Let your sense of humor out for a bit. You will find life is a lot more fun when you can incorporate humor and laughter into your daily routine.

Here's some suggestions:

• Pick a topic that gets hammered ad nauseam (like the endless barrage of Williams threads), then take a stand on one side or the other and write something about it that makes you laugh.
  • Stand up and force out a big belly laugh. This induces real laughter and helps lighten your mood.
  • Ask yourself this question, "Will this topic make a difference to humanity?" If the answer is, "no", then feel free to have fun with it.
  • Get creative and really think about your word usage so as to increase the humor (use a thesaurus if necessary).
  • Make a project out of it until you get yourself laughing.

Here's some things to avoid:

• Find someone who disagrees with you and accuse them of not having the proper knowledge or skill to get on your side of the fence.
  • Be condescending.
  • Make suggestions about what other people should be doing with their time.
  • Taking yourself too seriously.

Wow! That was fun. I enjoyed that. I hope you did too. Thanks for suggesting that I find something more worth my time, because this certainly was. Is there a smile on your face? Even a little one? Come on admit it, you do have a sense of humor and I'm making you chuckle even if just quietly to yourself.

Another fine Williams shave this morning. My offering of the tip of my beard to Mimir's well surely has paid off, for the wisdom I have been granted for use of this soap is well worth the sacrifice. :tongue_sm

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Clearly you couldn't read the lighthearted sarcasm in my post. Try not take things so seriously, you'll end up going a little over the top. It is, after all, soap.

Another fine Williams shave this morning. My offering of the tip of my beard to Mimir's well surely has paid off, for the wisdom I have been granted for use of this soap is well worth the sacrifice. :tongue_sm

Good to see you're having fun. For some reason I can't get the ROTFL smiley to work from my phone. Otherwise I would insert it here.

Have fun.

After reading all the threads about this soap, I tried Williams today. I did soak it for an hour last night, and then again today while I showered. I lathered in the mug, and got a decent lather. Not spectacular, but it wasn't hard to do at all. I'd have to say it was the slickest shave I've ever had. My razor just glided along. I don't really like the citronella smell, but anyone who says Williams is a bad soap is wrong.

After reading all the threads about this soap, I tried Williams today. I did soak it for an hour last night, and then again today while I showered. I lathered in the mug, and got a decent lather. Not spectacular, but it wasn't hard to do at all. I'd have to say it was the slickest shave I've ever had. My razor just glided along. I don't really like the citronella smell, but anyone who says Williams is a bad soap is wrong.

did you find that the lather easily coated the face, or didnit require lots of layering?

Top Bottom