What's new

Will the Razorock 68-P shave smoother than a Baili BR171?

I'd say they're both pretty smooth and comfortable with similar efficiency.
If you're just interested in an upgrade material-wise but want to maintain a similar comfortable mild shave, picking up the GC 68 certainly won't disappoint.

The BR171 being the "old style" head, with blade tabs exposed?
(As opposed to the updated design that hid the tabs)

I have both Baili's and the GC68-OC and GC84-P... The old style Baili head is less smooth than the updated head - the GC68-OC sits somewhere in between the two Baili's (smoother than the old style and less than the updated) while the GC84-P for me is less smooth than the GC68-OC whilst being less efficient.

As a materials upgrade on either Baili I'd think you'd be happy with the GC68-OC, and presumably it's safety bar version too... And in Razorock's line, I'd also consider the Mamba 70.

I have both Baili's and the GC68-OC and GC84-P... The old style Baili head is less smooth than the updated head - the GC68-OC sits somewhere in between the two Baili's (smoother than the old style and less than the updated) while the GC84-P for me is less smooth than the GC68-OC whilst being less efficient.

As a materials upgrade on either Baili I'd think you'd be happy with the GC68-OC, and presumably it's safety bar version too... And in Razorock's line, I'd also consider the Mamba 70.
Since you're bringing up the Mamba 70.. Italian barber has scratch and dent ones for dirt cheap right now

I find the razorock game changer .68 to be very smooth. I don't know about its smoothness in comparison to the baili but I do know it will in all likelihood last a heck of a lot longer.

I find the razorock game changer .68 to be very smooth. I don't know about its smoothness in comparison to the baili but I do know it will in all likelihood last a heck of a lot longer.

Thanks. The Baili BR171 I have is the updated version that hides the tabs. Thanks for sharing your experience with those razors. Why consider the Mamba 70? Is it more similar to the Baili BR171 than the GC 68P?

Top Bottom