What's new

Wickham soap Classic 24

M

Member 113878

Hi.
Anyone can describe the smell of this soap please?
Is it similar to Aventus?

Thanks in advance!
François

I've got most of Wickam's shaving soaps, but unfortunately not this one. To make matters worse I haven't got any Creed scent either, and how scents are perceived varies from person to person. What I do have to share is the link below where you can order a sample of the soap:

M

Member 113878

Thanks for the reply!
On Wickham’s website I found a review which says:
Top quality product! Fantastic, slick lather and lovely scent akin to Creed’s Aventus. Citrusy fresh and clean.
Hard to beat..well done Darron!

So I got the info I expected.

Can you give some comments about Magnum and Scotthish Heather?

Best regards,
François

M

Member 113878

Thanks.
On the website they say it’s a barbershop scent, so you say it doesn’t smell like Aventus that much?

I found my notes on it . I bought a sample from Connaught shaving I believe. And the strength of the scent was so weak I didn't really get a very good impression of it. I could smell something like some bergamot , but that was really about it .

It's possible that a full tub is going to have a stronger scent. I've never had a full tub of Wickham be weak in the scent department.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply!
On Wickham’s website I found a review which says:
Top quality product! Fantastic, slick lather and lovely scent akin to Creed’s Aventus. Citrusy fresh and clean.
Hard to beat..well done Darron!

So I got the info I expected.

Can you give some comments about Magnum and Scotthish Heather?

Best regards,
François

If you want a breakdown of the scent of Magnum, as produced, it's on Wickham's website.
It's not sea, sand and gunpowder (that would be a really good scent!!).

However, my nose isn't refined enough to pick up all these things. I just 'smell' it.
And the Magnum scent is excellent! it's a good, clean, masculine smell.
It's shave performance is very good in my limited experience.
If you pair it with the balm, the scent will last many hours.

I bought it originally because of the Magnum PI gimmick (yes, I love the original show to this day. The reboot can drive off a cliff like they did the 308 in the first reboot episode), and am very impressed with it.
My mother and sister have also given it the nose test, and they both think its a great scent.

As of right now, the only place I know of in North America that has it is, that I've been able to find in the last few weeks, Top of the Chain in Quebec.
WCS is where I got my first container but they no longer list the soap on their website, and they are out of all the Wickham soaps. I hope they get more, as they ship from Myrtle Beach SC (funny place for West Coast Shaving) and it gets here in 2 days.
I ordered 2 more from TotC, and it looks like it will be here on Friday, which is 10 business days from when I ordered.

With the exchange rate, I feel I got a pretty good deal. And get the balm too.

ETA: If you buy it, and don't care for it, let me know, and I'll buy it or see if there is anything I might have to make a trade.

I'd like to give a few other of their scents a try, especially Russian Leather. But I hope I get to try them all.

Last edited:
M

Member 113878

Thanks.
The note breakdown is a thing, but the real impression from an actual nose is often more valuable. :)

Indeed, totc is the place I’m going to order it, but it’s in Ontario I think.
Nor far from Quebec, of course. :)
You can also order Wickham stuff from Connaughtshaving in the UK.

Thanks.
On the website they say it’s a barbershop scent, so you say it doesn’t smell like Aventus that much?

To my nose I would not call it a close dupe of Aventus. The scent features a mix of fruity notes (bergamotte and pineapple) and gentle leathery notes (Aventus appears to be more driven by oak moss.) The scent is mid strong and pleasant (ymmv).

If anyone is still interested in the scent profile of the Wickham Classic 24 shaving soap: smells most similar to sweet almonds mixed with leathery and somewhat powdery notes. It's a very nice scent, at least for me.

Top Bottom