What's new

Why so much hate for Lustray Blue Spice?

I have been thinking about getting the spice. Draggon Noir is an adequate clone. If they both have the legs like Blue Spice, I will get it. The Draggon is a EdT though.
The Lustray Spice has a deep warm scent which is really unique. My guess on this one is clove, patchouli, amber, eucalyptus, maybe some mint...it doesn't resemble Old Spice much. Almost seems like some scent of pipe tobacco smoke in it. Scent hangs around for a few hours...skin goodies are sufficient. Sometimes I shave before bed and apply this lotion. Has a nice comforting effect and I think aids in falling asleep. One of the few longneck barbershop lotions I have a backup bottle on hand. Something similar scent-wise would be Pierre Cardin for Men, or Sex Appeal by Jovan.

Smelled all the Lustray aftershaves in a beauty supply store. Bought the blue because it appealed the most to me. I'm excited to try it. And I'll probably mix a little Osage Rub in with it on hot days.

I don't hate it. It goes well with most my soaps, it's cheap and smells pleasing to my nose. I probably won't buy matching splashes anymore to be honest.

I have a bottle and enjoy it.

It's one of those aftershaves I apply liberally. But like most of the cheaper aftershaves, it comes in a plastic container, which I believe has an effect on the fragrance. I've heard that from others as well, so just yesterday, I transferred it into a glass container to see if it can mellow out that cheapish scent just a bit. I hear I takes a couple of weeks for a change to occur, but according to some, it will change the scent. We'll see.

I'm guessing that's why the better aftershaves already come in glass.

I like Blue Spice, it is what my Barber has been using on my neck for the last few years. One of these days I'll actually buy a bottle to add to my rotation.

Top Bottom