What's new

Why so much hate for Lustray Blue Spice?

I love the Blue Spice. For me, its a solid 'go to' splash that pairs well with just about anything....
Attach44062_20210310_092911.jpg

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Hate? Must be a rhetorical question. I never see it even mentioned here. Indifference is more like it. It’s cheap stuff. I used it once maybe twice. No great shakes.

Never witnessed hate, but agree that there are a number of reviews that consider it mildly "old lady" or "old mannish" in nature. Probably not the most popular aftershave out there but I happen to like it and have it in the "den."

I had a bottle. Used about 2/3 of it, then just got tired of the scent. I was never "wow" with it, I just tolerated it. Finally got to the point where I didn't like it anymore.

Blue Spice is just not a commonly used aftershave. I have it, but it doesn't see a lot of use. Not because I don't like it. I do. I just have a lot of aftershaves and the bigger bottles, like Lustray's and Masters, even the Pinaud line, don't find their way onto my crowded bathroom shelves. I should probably decant.

Never tried it, but it just seems like it would be generic, back-of-the-neck old school barbershop stuff. Maybe I'll try some, but I'm currently most interested in a big 400ml jar of Proraso sandalwood, or Barrister and Mann's "Spice" interpretation of the old Shulton stuff as my next purchase.

It's not the greatest thing since sliced bread, but it ain't bad.
Not my favorite, but it is in the rotation.

You ask “Why so much hate” ???? :shifty:
How can people hate something that they don’t take notice of?

I have not noticed any recent threads (hate or praise) on this product, but looked it up recently when I did some research about ”Blue” aftershaves. In the end, I got the impression that it was just another run of the mill cheap fragrance that had not much going for it and most likely was not worth spending my hard earned shillings on. ”It's not the greatest thing since sliced bread, but it ain't bad” is hardly a glowing endorsement and I do not see much sense in celebrating or supporting mediocre products.

But “hate”??
Me thinks you confuse “hate” with people just not taking much notice of stuff. :pipe:

B.

Last edited:
Well Blue Spice has some things that probably keep it from being in the discussion much.

* It's a product aimed primarily at barbers, and probably US-based barbers I imagine.
* It's not a 'blue' scent
* it's not a grocery store, or drugstore product

Even wetshavers probably aren't extremely aware of it.

That said I own it and like it.

I'm conflicted on this one...don't smell much spice, more fruity to me. I splash it on maybe once a month, and can take it or leave it.

Like most of Clubman products other than Lime Sec and Citrus Musk have serious longevity. For some reason, VIBR is gone immediately after the clove burst. I did decant it last night. Hopefully it improves?

Top Bottom