What's new

Why do you live where you do ?

We live in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. Today, it is 80 degrees, just like almost every day. A couple of weeks ago, my wife and I were walking through our beautiful colonial town and saw many people looking skyward. We approached a group of young people and asked what they were looking at. They pointed northwest and sure enough, there it was - a cloud. We often go a month without seeing one.

Wonderful people, weather, fresh food, incredibly low cost of living make this the best place on the planet for me. Yesterday, we went to the market and bought 2 heads of broccoli, 5 tomatoes and 4 bananas, all organic and locally grown. Total cost was 4 pesos or 27 cents US.

Marty

I was born in Vermont, and hated winter. the family moved to southern California, and I spent 10 years in San Diego in the Navy. My new bride and i wanted a change and I trasferred to Mayport Florida, and exept for a tour back in San diego, spent the rest of my career in florida. the navy would have moved me back to California, but the pollution cost of living an gang problems helped me decide to stay here in florida.

I love San Miguel, spent some time there 4-5 years ago. I totally get why you live there.

We live in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. Today, it is 80 degrees, just like almost every day. A couple of weeks ago, my wife and I were walking through our beautiful colonial town and saw many people looking skyward. We approached a group of young people and asked what they were looking at. They pointed northwest and sure enough, there it was - a cloud. We often go a month without seeing one.

Wonderful people, weather, fresh food, incredibly low cost of living make this the best place on the planet for me. Yesterday, we went to the market and bought 2 heads of broccoli, 5 tomatoes and 4 bananas, all organic and locally grown. Total cost was 4 pesos or 27 cents US.

Marty

Top Bottom