What's new

Which shampoo bar?

This thing EXPLODED with lather with just a few swirls. It left a really "squeaky" clean which I'm not used to. Does anyone know if this is a good thing? Also, do the soaps from CV, QCS, and MW all have this "squeaky" clean affect?

my .02c

Shampoo bars are great! Great for my wallet, my environment, and my hair. I came to them last year in an attempt to reduce, re-use, yada yada. I've only used the Liggets, so I can't comment on the other brands mentioned, although I'll absolutely try some Mikes as I love me my Mikes shaving soaps!
Listen to me now: try the vinegar rinse! I take a plastic bottle and mix it 1:3 vinegar to water and squirt some on my hair after shampooing; this is my rinse, which alters the ph of the hair in such a way that it will feel silky and smooth, just as if you've conditioned it--but without the extra gunk left on your hair. Yes, I rinse the vinegar out after a minute! I've used both white and cider vinegar, and I find the white less odorous. An 8oz bottle of 1:3 will last me 15 shampoos +/-.
Also, I noticed my first bar of Liggets went pretty fast, so I got a soap dish and keep it on the windowsill away from any water spray. The bar lasts very well when I minimize water exposure. Fwiw I just circle my head with the bar three times and I get full lather--and I have a headful o hair.

Happy Lathering!

Last edited:
DR Harris has been working great here. Quick to lather and long lasting.
There doesn't seem to be any buildup or other issues either...

I have a few others on order after reading this thread but the DR Harris line has 4-5 scents if you ever want a change.

Top Bottom