What's new

Shampoo vs Shampoo Bar

I've been using shampoo bars for several years, specifically J.R. Liggett's. When I travel I usually use whatever is in the place I'm staying.

What are your thoughts on liquid shampoo vs these shampoo bars.

What do you gentlemen use for your hair needs?

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I use a liquid anti dandruff shampoo and rotate between my favoured brands each time the bottle is used up as I find that helps to keep the dandruff at bay. I try to wash my hair no more frequently than every other day and I may use a liquid conditioner once a month or so. I like the idea of a shampoo bar but have yet to try one.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I’ve never used a shampoo bar. Just use liquid shampoo, for blonde/silver hair. I’m currently enjoying a particular brand but have never been overly fussy when it comes to shampoo, whatever Mrs. Raven is using works for me.

I have been consistently using shampoo bars for 1 1/2 years, washing hair every other day. Very, very pleased with the results. Don't see any reason whatsoever to return to plastic-bottled shampoo.

Which bars? So far, Mystic Water and J.R. Liggett. Longevity? Each bar is lasting approximately five (5) months with generous lathering.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I've been using shampoo bars for 3 years now, I was using a bottle every 2 months or so before that. I saw a shampoo bar in the supermarket and picked it up, that was it. Besides washing my hair very well there are no more waste plastic bottles and the bar takes up much less space living on my soap rack alongside my bath soap. They last so long too, if my current soap is still here next month I will have got a year out of 2 soaps. Currently I am working my way through the Garnier Ultimate Blends range although I do prefer the Alberto Balsam range. I do not see myself going back to liquid shampoo any time soon

I've been using shampoo bars for several years, specifically J.R. Liggett's. When I travel I usually use whatever is in the place I'm staying.

What are your thoughts on liquid shampoo vs these shampoo bars.

What do you gentlemen use for your hair needs?

For the past 2 years I have only washed my hair with water, except for the very rare occasion that my hair gets really dirty, maybe once every 2-3 months. In those cases I use what I use on my skin. Neutrogena fragrance free bar soap.
My hair has never looked or felt better.

Being perfectly honest this Shampoo Bar you seek of is unknown commit to me, I use
DAILY CHEAP GENERIC, Baby Shampoo, or Head, Face, and little hairs on head.

I used several brands of shampoo bars over the years. But for the past few years have switched to the basic Dove unscented bar. Works just as well on short hair.

TRICK FOR FIRST TIME SHAMPOO BAR USERS:

1)When taking a shower, wet your hair when you first get in, but wash your hair at the end of your shower. It gives time for hair to absorb water and seems to work better for me.

2) Don’t rub the bar on your hair, instead lather the soap in your hands then apply the suds to your hair. By doing so it will rinse easier and you won’t strip too much natural oil from your hair (you won’t get the pooffy when it’s dry).

Top Bottom