What's new

Which shampoo bar?

I've never tried shampoo bars before, but I have some Stirling soap shampoo bars coming soon. Currently, I am using an organic store bought shampoo from a bottle and looking forward to the all natural bars from Stirling.

Chagrin Valley Neem & Tea tree oil shampoo bar is the best so far. I have tried Liggetts and Woodys shampoo bars but Chagrin Valley soaps leave hair clean and without residue.

I just ordered my second bar from Mike's. He only has one scent, Lavender, Peppermint and Tee Tree. I have found it to be excellent! Great lather, doesn't dry out my hair, awesome!!

Mystic Waters is the best, bar none. It does NOT dry out your hair or make it really squeaky like some others do. It cured my seborrhea and makes my hair really healthy. Love it, love it, love it.

So far I've tried Chagrin Valley, QCS, & Mike's and Chagrin Valley has definitely seemed to perform better for me (My hair is on the oily side). I do have a Mystic Waters bar to try next.

I've used Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile liquid as a shampoo, and find, mysteriously, that it leaves my scalp a bit dry. I don't get it, because it works great as a bath soap and shaving soap. I've recently been very much enjoying Mike's Natural shaving soaps, and just learned about his shampoo soaps, which I'm looking forward to trying. If I enjoy it half as much as his shaving soap, it'll be twice as much as my current shampoo.

Just bought a bar of the citrus Dr Bonners today. Works great as a shampoo and you can use the suds to clean your mug and neck, heck whole body if yur in a morning rush.

I tried Mystic Water, Mike's and Dr. Bronner as shampoo bars and I really like them all. But "Calani Maroccan Apple Shampoo Soap Bar" from royalshave seems to work a tiny little better for me. If I remember right, the soap maker at Calani builds the "vinegar rinse" into the soap by adding lemon or some other citrus ingredient. All I know is that it works for my hair. However, you can't really go wrong with any of these shampoo bars. All of them have very good ingredients.

ordered 4 shampoo bars from Queen Charlotte Soaps. Looking forward to giving them a try

cedarwood rosemary
Peppermint Eucalyptus
Tea Tree Lavender
Orange Spice

anybody like any of the above. TOugh call for me to order my first shampoo bar from Mystic Waters, or QCS. I enjoy both of their shave soaps, but as a diehard Vostock user, who lives in the Carolinas, I have to START with QCS. MW Next

ordered 4 shampoo bars from Queen Charlotte Soaps. Looking forward to giving them a try

cedarwood rosemary
Peppermint Eucalyptus
Tea Tree Lavender
Orange Spice

anybody like any of the above. TOugh call for me to order my first shampoo bar from Mystic Waters, or QCS. I enjoy both of their shave soaps, but as a diehard Vostock user, who lives in the Carolinas, I have to START with QCS. MW Next

I have tried all those scents now (not to mention a number of alternative shampoo bars from other vendors). The more I try alternatives, the more I am convinced that I should only be buying QCS Cedarwood Rosemary. My next order from QCS will probably be for about four bars of the Cedarwood Rosemary and some shaving soap (probably Fougere and Esquire).

cedarwood rosemary
Peppermint Eucalyptus
Tea Tree Lavender
Orange Spice

I rank them (YMMV)
Orange Spice
Tea Tree Lavender
Peppermint Eucalyptus
Cedarwood rosemay

My favorite is the Dark Lavender. The Orange spice is much better than I expected. The Tea Tree Lavender was overly spicy and as far as I could tell had no trace of lavender (may have been the batch). My preference would be a pure team tree shampoo bar and a unscented shampoo bar.

Mystic Waters ad QED are the 2 I'm working through now. Both are excellent. I'm very glad I switched from liquid.

Thanks to this thread, I bought a bar of Liggets. I really like it so far. I used the vinegar rinse the first couple of times. I've never heard my hair be squeaky clean before... kind of weird!

Anyway, I think this bar will last a while. Just a few brushes on my hair and I get all the lather I need.

Top Bottom