What's new

Where do most of you buy your blades?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
For DE blades, I've purchased them in lots of 100 or 200 (Personna Comfort Coated before AccuTec changes) from Amazon, eBay, Italian Barber (Nacets on sale)... That might be it.

For AC blades, I did buy a few single packages of 15 or 20 from Amazon US... but I got great deals on boxes of 10 packages from Amazon Japan and a Japanese supplier on eBay.... $8 or $9 instead of $19 to $24 each.

RBC has great shipping rates for international shipping as well. They are pretty swell. I get lots of things from them, Amazon (and sometimes RBC on Amazon) if in the USA, and odd bedfellows on eBay. Good experience with The Shave Supply and Supersafetyrazors as well.

Got some phoney Bic CPs from a Shopee vendor in Vietnam, but that is a corner case.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
I try more and more to buy as little as possible off of Amazon, preferring to go with the "little guy" instead. Plus, Amazon doen't appear to vet for quality like they did years ago when they first started. A lof of counterfeit products to be had, so I really limit what I buy from them now. I stumbled across Geo Fatboy's videos and they made me start enjoying wet shaving again and seeing it as a great hobby. I thought I'd order some supplies from him as a sort of thank you. I ordered everything but blades. My favorite blades are the comfort coated Personna's (I believe these are what everyoe refers to as "Lab Blues"), German Wilkinson Swords, and Bic CP's. I was going to order blades from him and then noticed quite a discrepancy in price between the Bic Astors and CP's. 5 packs are the same price for either of those, but there's a significant price difference when buying a pack of 100. Since I've already received items from him, I consider him a trustworthy source, but want to find another source for blades. I've compiled a list based on some old threads I've dug up here. Can you guys let me know if these vendors are GTG and if there are any others I can add to the list? (or avoid for that matter).

Shave Nation
Razon Emporium
Razorbladesclub
Top of the Chain
Maggard
Italian Barber
The Razor Co.
Of the companies you mentioned I've had good/better than average experiences with IItalian Barber and Maggard. Add Pasteur to your list.

I try more and more to buy as little as possible off of Amazon, preferring to go with the "little guy" instead. Plus, Amazon doen't appear to vet for quality like they did years ago when they first started. A lof of counterfeit products to be had, so I really limit what I buy from them now. I stumbled across Geo Fatboy's videos and they made me start enjoying wet shaving again and seeing it as a great hobby. I thought I'd order some supplies from him as a sort of thank you. I ordered everything but blades. My favorite blades are the comfort coated Personna's (I believe these are what everyoe refers to as "Lab Blues"), German Wilkinson Swords, and Bic CP's. I was going to order blades from him and then noticed quite a discrepancy in price between the Bic Astors and CP's. 5 packs are the same price for either of those, but there's a significant price difference when buying a pack of 100. Since I've already received items from him, I consider him a trustworthy source, but want to find another source for blades. I've compiled a list based on some old threads I've dug up here. Can you guys let me know if these vendors are GTG and if there are any others I can add to the list? (or avoid for that matter).

Shave Nation
Razon Emporium
Razorbladesclub
Top of the Chain
Maggard
Italian Barber
The Razor Co.
Amazon

Shave Nation
Razon Emporium
Razorbladesclub
Top of the Chain
Maggard
Italian Barber
The Razor Co.
From your list I have used RBC, Maggard's, and Italian Barber. All have provided me quick and pleasant transactions. I'll also add I have bought from West Coast Shaving and the small problem they had (missing tucks from a Lord Rainbow card) they took care of promptly after I sent a requested photo.

I won't have to buy more blades for something like 6250 years, but...

In general, whenever I need to stock up on something, I try to make sure I order a couple of other things I might need soon, in order to save on shipping. Therefore, which supplier I buy from depends on who is currently out of stock on specific items.

Razor Empourium if I want to try something new. I will buy 5 or 10.

My got too is E-bay had good luck with seller out of India, always check feedback ratings.

Ebay, Amazon, Ali, The Razor Company, mostly. I got a lot of them before I realized TRC was reasonably close to me, and I want them to be successful so I can touch, smell, and ask questions. I have been getting blades to try there lately.

Top Bottom