What's new

What's Your Brush Today?

Restored wooden-handled "Chicago", with a 22mm TGN Finest Badger knot. Face-lathered with Mama Bear's Fleur de Soul soap. I'm loving this brush! :001_tt1:

proxy.php

Today's brush was my brand new boar brush, made by yours truly. I'd never owned a boar brush, having been quite comfortable with best badger, but decided on a whim to put one of my spare knots to use.

I used it for the first time today, and I must say that boar is a bit of an adjustment... I'm loving the handle however - it's a big, heavy chunk of cocobolo, sealed with CA and polished to a sheen (as opposed to my usual high-gloss CA finishes).

All in all, a solid brush! :thumbup:

proxy.php

Today's brush was my brand new boar brush, made by yours truly. I'd never owned a boar brush, having been quite comfortable with best badger, but decided on a whim to put one of my spare knots to use.

I used it for the first time today, and I must say that boar is a bit of an adjustment... I'm loving the handle however - it's a big, heavy chunk of cocobolo, sealed with CA and polished to a sheen (as opposed to my usual high-gloss CA finishes).

proxy.php

Very nice brush...love the handle! Keep in mind that boar bristles need a substantial break-in period before they perform at their best. Stick with it and I think you'll be quite pleased with the results.

proxy.php

Very nice work! :thumbup1:

M&F Blonde Badger & MB Basil Lime soap again. I believe my sample will only last for one more use. Might use the Chubby 2 just to make sure when it's up next. :biggrin1:

Top Bottom