What's new

What's the dish on the Lamy 2000?

Hmmm....that's unfortunate. Actually, I have been thinking for the last day or two that I should send mine back and get a medium nib. I love this pen, no question about it...but I was kinda expecting it to be closer to a medium since that's what everyone said about the 2000. I just didn't want it to be crazy broad. It's a very smooth nib but I have so many fine pens that I figured I'd go for a really wet medium for this one.

But if the nibs are such a crapshoot, I don't know if I should take the chance. I got lucky with a good nib...maybe I shouldn't tempt fate.

Also, it's funny that you say that Lamy blue-black isn't working with yours, since that's what Lamy is putting in the new 2000 gift sets. :laugh:

I bought a 2000 with a fine nib on the same basis you did. I was never happy with it. It wrote a fine, dry, line, and I was not happy with its smoothness either. I ended up buying another Lamy 2000, medium nib. I am much more satisfied. The medium is no more broad than my Sheaffer medium nib. It performs much better for me with the right amount of wetness, and is more smooth than the fine was.

Ron I

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I have an EF inbound from the GDF. Luckily, I almost had enough paypal funds to cover it, so the credit card charge might slip past SWMBO's eyes. ... I hope :001_rolle

Top Bottom