What's new

What TV series you watching?

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
There's a movie thread so thought I'd start one for the telly.

So...what TV series currently has its claws in you?

For me currently:

Dexter Season 8
Breaking Bad (waiting for next season)
Mad Men (you think?)
continuum
House of Lies
Banshee

I just finished season one of Mad Men on netflix. This drama is lot of things rolled all up into one. I'm just not far enough into the series to figure out which one. Can't get enough. The setting is perfect.

True Detective. I'm through the first two episodes and the show is super dark. But McConaughey and Harrelson are great. Can't wait to watch more.

True Detective. I'm through the first two episodes and the show is super dark. But McConaughey and Harrelson are great. Can't wait to watch more.

True Detective is, in my opinion, the best TV show ever made. The acting, the plot, the directing... flawless.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Started Silicon Valley today. Three shows in, its not super funny. But its kinda fun, and id like to see how the story plays out. I like Mike Judge too so Ill continue to watch.
My thoughts too. I like the storyline. It's like a dry funny. Insults and hidden punchlines. Nonintitnional funny.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
True Detective is, in my opinion, the best TV show ever made. The acting, the plot, the directing... flawless.
Rumor is season two will be different actors. I'm really let down. Bring woody and Matt back and I'm all in again.

Rumor is season two will be different actors. I'm really let down. Bring woody and Matt back and I'm all in again.
I think its a cool idea to have new detectives and a new case each season. TV in my opinion is entering a golden age where top actors and screenwriters are being drawn to the medium. Rumor has it Brad Pitt will be one of the new detectives next season. That could be interesting. I say sign on Morgan Freeman and bring back a Seven reunion :thumbup:.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/5494...season-2-cast-airdate-update.htm#.U1tJzFfiiRc
Speculations on internet are running wild, since then. Some other actors who are speculated to be the next "True Detectives" are Ellen Page and "House of Cards'" actress Kate Mara. Some more names that emerged as fans' favorites for "True Detective" Season 2 are Brad Pitt, Bryan Cranston, Christian Bale and more. As for female leading actor, some big names include Amy Adams, Sandra Bullock, Selma Hayek and more. Even though HBO is yet to officially announce the second season, fans and media are already speculating its airdate. It is speculated that the new season will premiere sometime in January 2015, like its previous season.

Californication season 7, Dave Duchovny is a troubled Hollywood writer.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0904208/

proxy.php

Started Firefly (on Netflix) with the wife a week ago. I knew there was a lot of hype around it and I think it's mostly justified. It's unique and quirky...enjoying it so far!

Started Homeland Season 2. Season 1 was great and I really like the cast. Although Claire Danes makes some really ugly faces sometimes...she kinda annoys me.

Top Bottom