What's new

What TV series you watching?

We have started to watch Sherwood. Seems quite good. Brit police procedural set in a town with a history of strife around coal mining strikes.
We saw this through to the end. I forget whether there is going to be a second season. I thought it was okay. A bit contrived. Overwrought, perhaps.

After re-watching Waiting For God, we're now re-watching One Foot In the Grave before bed. At our age, both are good for late night viewing. Often, my wife will bust my chops by calling me Victor or Meldrew. Hard for me to argue.

Currently rotating through Rocco Schiavone, Blown Away, and 3 Body Problem with occasional fillers of New Tricks. Shogun when a new episode drops.

"The Pacific" is a good companion series to Band of Brothers.

I liked Band Of Brothers better,
especially as regards the story telling and character development.

But here and there, there's a couple of things in The Pacific
which remind me of my peace time service in the Navy.
In particular when the marines stole the supplies from the army.

On two occasions when I was Messenger Of The Watch on the midwatch,
I reported security violations to the Engine Room Supervisor.
On both occasions I was ordered to steal something.
The passageways on our ship ran through the Marines compartments
and in one of them a Marine was sleeping
sitting in a chair with his elbow propped up on a stack of C Rations
in a compartment full of C Rations.

I reported this and I was ordered to go back and steal a case.
For the Marines, those were twelve meals that they ate over and over again in the field,
but for us, they were treats.

The Marines also used C Rations as commodities especially in the Philippines.

Just discovered Outer Range. Sort of like Longmire meets Invaders from Mars. A few of my favorite actors and filmed here in NM.

Perhaps my favorite show of 2022. I watched when it was released and again on a 2-day binge last month. Yes, quite original that one, Yellowstone with a heavy dose of Twilight Zone and some great acting. I read season 2 is coming on May 16th.
It seems I've been waiting forever.

Lately for me:
The Gentlemen
3 Body Problem
Also Shogun along with Tokyo Vice as they drop.

I’m only three episodes into The Gentlemen but it’s very entertaining. Haven’t seen Shogun or 3 Body Problem but I hear good things about each.
Perhaps my favorite show of 2022. I watched when it was released and again on a 2-day binge last month. Yes, quite original that one, Yellowstone with a heavy dose of Twilight Zone and some great acting. I read season 2 is coming on May 16th.

Lately for me:
The Gentlemen
3 Body Problem

Lately for me:
The Gentlemen
3 Body Problem
Don't you think the ending could have been better?

Top Bottom