What's new

What TV series you watching?

We have started to wstch Sherwood. Seems quite good. Brit police procedral set in a town with a history of strife around coal mining strikes.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
1710841911191.png

I find little humour in anything these days but this show still makes me laugh out loud.

Why? It is on my to-watch list.
Judging by the reviews and audience approval ratings I am in the minority. But I found the characters tedious and unappealing. I thought the plot was similar to Momento, a fav movie. The atmosphere is bleak to the point of feeling overdone to me.

Dark was great.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
You’re right about that. Who goes with who is quite confounding. I keep asking Mrs Q “isn’t he the son of the guy that worked with the lady whose boy went back in time?”
Mrs. Raven kept a cheat sheet handy and would write down names and keep notes. That’s a heck of a lot of work to watch a TV show. It was helpful though.

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
  • Getting On (dark "comedy" about nurses in an extended care unit, HBO)
  • The Regime
  • Expats (slow, but we're hooked)
Looking forward to The Sympathizer!

Just finished the last season. Keeping track of things was a brain teasing, paradoxical puzzle.
We’ve watched 6 episodes. So Jonas is Mikkel’s son. But now Jonas has gone through the cave and is in 1986. Will he meet Mikkel again? Will he also find his brother in 1986? Regina is the daughter of Claudia the 1986 nuke plant manager but is married to the nuke plant manager in the present day? Ulrich has lost his son Mikkel but finds the body of his brother missing since 1986? And who’s the guy who puts that metal thing around the Oberdorf kid’s head and makes him listen to music videos and science shows? We’re starting to lose the thread.

Last edited:

Billed as a satire, the writers (at least for the first three episodes which is all I will watch) have neglected to include anything that could really qualify as either humour or insight, which leaves me wondering what the point of this show is... other than to showcase the production values and Kate Winslet's wardrobe. Meh.

We’ve watched 6 episodes. So Jonas is Mikkel’s son. But now Jonas has gone through the cave and is in 1986. Will he meet Mikkel again? Will he also find his brother in 1986? Regina is the daughter of Claudia the 1986 nuke plant manager but is married to the nuke plant manager in the present day? Ulrich has lost his son Mikkel but finds the body of his brother missing since 1986? And who’s the guy who puts that metal thing around the Oberdorf kid’s head and makes him listen to music videos and science shows? We’re starting to lose the thread.
I went halfway into season 2 and gave up. I don’t want to work that hard to watch a tv program. My head hurts !

Top Bottom