What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

I've been reading this thread with interest, and am thinking of moving up (or sideways?) from my trusty Swiss army knife and getting a knife with a single locking blade, probably a Buck or a Benchmade. I wonder if you guys have had good any especially good experiences with on-line merchants whom you can recommend?

I like this seller on Ebay..
http://stores.ebay.com/myknifesourcecom

It's been a long time since I ordered but I made a mistake on my order, contacted them about it..I believe my replacement was a couple bucks more than what I had ordered but they just made the change for me and I don't remember them even charging me for the difference.
It was something like that, don't remember all the details but just recall them being really cool and easy to deal with.

My rough rider knives arrived today - a baby toothpick with jigged bone scales and sowbelly stockman 'moonshiner' series with yellow corncob bone scales. I don't think you can beat the quality of these knives for the price you pay, they really are brilliant. I think most are between $5 and $20 for guys in the states. They're easily worth double that

Emerson mini CQC-15. I've been carrying this every single day for over a year and have used the heck out of it and have yet to find a downside. Some argue about fit and finish on Emerson knives, the edge grind and other things, but if you do your research Ernest Emerson states plainly that if you want a knife that is pretty the go somewhere else. He builds them as tools and that is what I use a knife for. Great knife even though they are pricey. I know there will be a bunch of people that disagree, but that's what works for me.

Emerson mini CQC-15. I've been carrying this every single day for over a year and have used the heck out of it and have yet to find a downside. Some argue about fit and finish on Emerson knives, the edge grind and other things, but if you do your research Ernest Emerson states plainly that if you want a knife that is pretty the go somewhere else. He builds them as tools and that is what I use a knife for. Great knife even though they are pricey. I know there will be a bunch of people that disagree, but that's what works for me.

I have been researching a new EDC knife and the Emerson Mini CQC7 and Mini A100 are on my short list. Glad to hear another glowing endorsement for Emerson

A lifelong knife addict - I currently own a bunch of Benchmades. While some like the 805 are fun, they're a little too big for EDC. I prefer medium 3" to 3.5" for the most part. My current fave is the 730-1202 in M390 just purchased from KnifeWorks, just a beautiful design.

You're welcome smith. I second joe about the benchmades. The griptillian in tanto is my favorite from them. Some others ones you may want to check out are the spyderco superleaf and the sog visionary.

I had a Mini Griptillian and I loved that knife, I was actually about to purchase another one when I started learning about Emerson knives. I own a couple Spydercos and I agree they are great knives as well. I have never seen the SOG Visionary, I currently carry a SOG Flash II, but the Visionary looks to have that same great clip and maybe a slightly more substantial.

A cheapie I have been eyeing is the Boker Plus Nopal. Its cheap enough I will buy it regardless and it looks like a sturdy little knife.

That boker looks like it would be a good knife for the price. I have had a few bokers and don't really have any complaint about them thus far. The visionary is really nice, especially once you learn how to use the arc lock to open and close the knife quickly. The blade is vg10 and the knife rides deep in the pocket. The handle is comfortable as well. Also that coating on the blade does not wear off easily.

I have this as an all-purpose knife. It's spring assisted for easier opening and has both a window-breaker and a seat-belt cutter built into the grip. It's all steel construction so it's a bit heavy and the red is coming off some, but it's overall a good knife.
$P-529-FD.jpg

Thanks, Otto!

I like this seller on Ebay..
http://stores.ebay.com/myknifesourcecom

It's been a long time since I ordered but I made a mistake on my order, contacted them about it..I believe my replacement was a couple bucks more than what I had ordered but they just made the change for me and I don't remember them even charging me for the difference.
It was something like that, don't remember all the details but just recall them being really cool and easy to deal with.

Here are a few pics of my collection of Great Eastern Cutlery pocket knives. These guys go into the rotation along with my collection of Case knives and various other traditional-type pocket folders primarily made in the USA.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

i have a large collection of customs and production. i carry a one of a kind wh. if i had to depend on it for something other than opening a letter i doubt i could. it is so nice looking though. i think there might be a hinderer or sebenza in my car but i don't count that as carrying.

I always carry my Case Navy Blue Bone Trapper. Wonderfully sharp and beautiful knife. No Camera on hand so a stock photo will have to suffice.
$7051.jpg

there is currently a buck sort of similar to that lone wolf. it is the vantage pro. big and small versions. the g10 is sculpted though. it is nice to see buck making modern knives with s30v. of course now there is s35vn but it is a marginal difference. if i go that far id get zdp. if buck had put titanium liners it would be a really serious knife. as it stands it is good. i just don't carry it because i like a blade under 2-1/2" in my pocket. your lone wolf does look nicer though.

Top Bottom