What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

$IMG_0640.jpg Some of mine custom slipjoints I own from Don Morrow

These are the tools I carry with me everyday at work. The BenchMade 941 has been my EDC (sveryday carry) for more than 15 years. Don't really remember when I purchased it. I know it was over 15 years ago. I rarely go anywhere without.
I've been carrying the Fenix LD20 flashlight and the Snap-on multi-tool about 5 years. I just got the Klein Folding Utility Knife about 3 months ago, but I've been carrying a folding utility for about 4 or 5 years now. Keeps me from having to sharpen the BenchMade so much.

$20160124_142258.jpg

Spyderco Endura, plain edge, stainless scales. I've found that the stainless scales upset fewer people than the black ones.

'course, it spends a lot of time in the car, as I can't take it into the courthouse. But when I can carry....

These are the tools I carry with me everyday at work. The BenchMade 941 has been my EDC (sveryday carry) for more than 15 years. Don't really remember when I purchased it. I know it was over 15 years ago. I rarely go anywhere without.
I've been carrying the Fenix LD20 flashlight and the Snap-on multi-tool about 5 years. I just got the Klein Folding Utility Knife about 3 months ago, but I've been carrying a folding utility for about 4 or 5 years now. Keeps me from having to sharpen the BenchMade so much.

View attachment 632514
i know this is a knife thread not a flashlight thread but I love fenix flashlights. That looks like the model I bought my wife, I've got one of the models that takes the C123A lithium batteries. Love them.

I carry a 3" Kershaw leek ELMAX knife. I'm not really very knowledgeable about knife steel, but I have to say ELMAX seems like good stuff. I gave it a good hone when I bought it and it's crazy sharp. It also keeps its edge very well.

Pictured with an Edwin Jagger DE89 and Pelikan M200 for reference.

$messer.jpg

I have a few "tactical" knives i'll carry depending on the situation, but my favorite knife to carry and use is a Opinel No. 8. Just a very classic, simple and great performing knife.

Holy moly, I think I'm in love. This came in the mail today:
$IMG_3588.jpg

It's a Viper Start. Made in Maniago Italy it is a 4" blade with steel liners and micarta scales. This one is D2 steel. I don't think I've ever bought a knife I liked so much right out of the box. It is large, here is a comparison to my recent EDC, the Kershaw Launch:
$IMG_3589.jpg

I have been on the prowl for a knife with nice micarta scales for a while so I was immediately interested in this one. It actually reminds me a lot of one of my other favorites, my Ka-Bar Becker 2 with after market micarta scales. This is a very easy to grip material and looks great IMO, gets better with age like leather and I'm really not sure why it's not more common.
The lock on it is very secure, it has a look and a feel like a small fixed blade when opened. Looking forward to using this one.
Pic next to BK2:
$IMG_3590.jpg

I've got an old buck I've had for 15 years. Uneven shallow hone lines, scratches, dings, a broken handle plate replaced by one I hand carved from a piece of oak cabinet trim, and stained with a stain pen in the shade of walnut. Not as nice as any of the pictures I see here; however I could shave my face with it in a pinch. Best knife I've ever had, and short of my funeral, I'd never part with it.
proxy.php
w
proxy.php

Not so easy on the eyes; but sentimental, and quite the veteran for my pocket.

Normally some flavor of Victorinox or Case. I've had to shelf my tactical folders from the military for more office appropriate blades.

I have many different EDCs, but usually, I carry a Victorinox Spirit X in my belt, along with a Coast or MagLite flashlight and a Victorinox Camper, an Opinel Nr8, or Buck Bantam 285 in my pocket.

My little collection.

Spyderco Endura, Paramilitary2, Caly3 and my cute little Case. At the top is my favorite-- a Bark River Colonial Patch w/purple & gold elderburl handle.

Missing in the pic is my Strider.

proxy.php

Top Bottom