What's new

What Lather Bowl Did You Use Today

Other tools of our wonderful hobby have threads for us to post our daily set-up. Yet the lather bowl / shaving bowl has been overlooked. That has now been rectified! Please post what you used to whip up your lather for your daily shave. Whatever it is (mug, bowl, scuttle) post it here.

Marble shaving bowl, the interior of which is solid concentric grooves. Perhaps the abrasiveness may damage brushes but I have no evidence of that after years of usage.

Screenshot_20240510-132221.png

I had the pleasure of using my absolute favorite lather bowl today, a Captain's Choice Copper Lather Bowl. Absolutely marvelous addition to my den. This is the original! Others have copied the Captain's design, in other words taking his design & making cheap copies. I prefer not supporting vendors that take what others research, develop, & bring to market. Here it is, the king of my lather bowl hill!
IMG_6821.jpg

I had the pleasure of using my absolute favorite lather bowl today, a Captain's Choice Copper Lather Bowl. Absolutely marvelous addition to my den. This is the original! Others have copied the Captain's design, in other words taking his design & making cheap copies. I prefer not supporting vendors that take what others research, develop, & bring to market. Here it is, the king of my lather bowl hill!
View attachment 1844003
Been eyeing this long time, looks like a winner.

I have a scuttle, too… but, I did not really count a scuttle as a shaving bowl. It is a Phoenix Shaving Dreamscape.

When I upgrade the Timeless shaving bowl, I will probably buy a CaYuen abalone plastic shaving bowl. They are quite beautiful.

Attachments

• A955D788-A9D0-44D0-ABA9-5DB57E368BF2.jpeg
    A955D788-A9D0-44D0-ABA9-5DB57E368BF2.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
Top Bottom