What's new

What is your 'signature' scent?

My signature happens to be the first perfume I ever bought: Prada Luna Rossa. My collection has meanwhile expanded to almost 25 bottles, but the signature doesn't change :)

I have so many to pick from, I'm not sure I could pick just one. The two I use the most is Cool Water and Eternity.

Everyone I know links me to Nautica Voyage, and that makes me feel good as it is a favorite fragrance of mine that I've worn since I moved to Louisville. It's also one that I get a lot of compliments on, from both men and women. It'll always have a place in my collection.

I frankly never understood the meaning of a signature scent. Whatever scent that you are wearing on any given day is leaving somewhat of a signature of yourself with people that you may come into contact with. Which would leave me to ask one how many signature's does one have? How many times have you found your signature scent, only to find out that three weeks later you have this time really found your signature scent. I do have a favorite scent. That would be JHL marketed by Aramis. I personally think this is the finest scent ever created for a man. Not to by any means am I trying to be contrary on this issue, but rather this is simply my view on this subject. Have a good one all....Ron.......I should have added that I am referring to the vintage formulation...JHL.

Last edited:
Not sure I have a signature scent, but my go-to every day cologne is Safari for Men by Ralph Lauren.

My daytime back-up is usually Hugo by Hugo Boss.

One that SWMBO really likes and is my special occasion top choice is Boucheron pour Homme.

My special occasion back-up is usually Armani.

Cartier Pasha Noire is my current favorite. It has replaced Polo Green which was my standby for many years.

Last edited:
My go to colognes are either New Ego (which I like because that was the first cologne I ever bought myself when I was younger) or Burberry Touch. I had Polo Black for a time, and that smelled really good too. I may get a bottle of that someday soon.

I have run out a 3.4oz of HUGO by Hugo Boss, and got a 5 ouncer for backup. Also replaced a 1.7 of Prada's Infusion with a 6.7, so it's pretty serious. I would list those 2 as my signature scents.

proxy.php

Here is a pic of my current fragrance collection. I don't have a signature scent as I am relatively new to the fragrance game. But I can say that my favorites are Armani Code, Burberry London, Burberry For Men, Polo Blue, Fahrenheit, Angel Men, and Pure Havane.

--Jerome

Last edited:
I frankly never understood the meaning of a signature scent. Whatever scent that you are wearing on any given day is leaving somewhat of a signature of yourself with people that you may come into contact with. Which would leave me to ask one how many signature's does one have? How many times have you found your signature scent, only to find out that three weeks later you have this time really found your signature scent. I do have a favorite scent. That would be JHL marketed by Aramis. I personally think this is the finest scent ever created for a man. Not to by any means am I trying to be contrary on this issue, but rather this is simply my view on this subject. Have a good one all....Ron.......I should have added that I am referring to the vintage formulation...JHL.

The term is used quite loosely these days.

A signature scent is IMO just that...a distinctive smell associated with that individual, which is static.

My grandfather wore Old Spice for 40 years. Nothing else. When I smell it I think of only him. It conjures up very powerful memory associations. If I entered a room that he was just in, I knew because of his [signature] scent.

As of late people use the term interchangeably with "grail" scent, or "most worn" scent.

Call me stupid...I've been called worse. What does "signature scent" mean exactly? Does it mean something I wear every single day and that's it? Or is it a scent that if I was to walk into a room full of people I know that are blind-folded and these people would say "Tony's here!" Or both?

Thanks

The one you fancy and use exclusively, the one others recognize as yours. It does not matter if it is a popular scent.

Or, if you might, the one you happen to wear and that others will end up hating after finding out you happen to be the uttermost despicable man on earth.

Top Bottom