What's new

What is your 'signature' scent?

Nautica Latitude Longitude. I just used up my bottle this year and was panicked to learn it had been discontinued. This prompted me to get ~40 year supply on the bay while I still could. :001_smile

Since I bought it (about a year ago), I've applied "Cella 1897" Classica on most days. Think Italian business man in the 1920's.
Old fashioned Southern European gentleman scent.

Nicki Chini claims that the original 19th century formula is still used today ... I have every reason to believe that.

Last edited:
I have too many to have a signature scent but I rotate between my four favorites...Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, Acqua di Parma Bergamotto di Calabria, Bois 1920 Vento di Fiore and Hanae Mori. I have others that get used but not as often as these 4. I think I'll spoil myself at Christmas and get a Creed...just don't know which one yet.

I'd say it's bath and body works Twilight Woods. It's projection is pretty weak but the only person who needs to smell is m'lady who absolutely loves it

Calvin klein obsession is my go to cologne but during the week I rotate between 6 other colognes I have, four are for work (biggest amount available and usually run around $30-$40) and three are for special occasions (smaller bottles and cost about $50-$60)

Last edited:
So many choices...Thierry Mugler Pure Malt, L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme, Blue de Chanel, etc....but my usual "everyday" scent would be as follows: Summer/Spring Scent = Issey Miyake
Fall/Winter Scent = Thierry Mugler Pure Malt/Y'ves St. Laurent La Nuit

My most reached for is Blue Stratos closely followed by Trumpers Spanish Leather.

Past signatures include;

Christian dior eau sauvage back in the late 1980's - early 90's
Floris - No.89 throughout 1990's and has recently made it back into my rotation.
Gucci - Envy A magic scent that I must get another bottle of.
Kenneth Cole - Reaction until recently. I do have a bottle put away for special occasions.

Call me stupid...I've been called worse. What does "signature scent" mean exactly? Does it mean something I wear every single day and that's it? Or is it a scent that if I was to walk into a room full of people I know that are blind-folded and these people would say "Tony's here!" Or both?

Thanks

Top Bottom