What's new

What is your favorite Gillette NEW?

C'mon man, you must be living within 15 minutes drive from the closes store that sales such things! Get on the car! NOW!

:lol::lol::lol:

The Canadian #77 is 10g heavier than a regular LC NEW, the difference is (obviously) in the handle.

$CAM01785.jpg

$CAM01786.jpg

$CAM01789.jpg

$CAM01788.jpg

Any chance on a close-up pic of the bottom side of the baseplate on the Canadian Number 77?

I'm trying to see how it differs from a US LC New.

The base plate is similar, it has different patent #s, what makes it different is mostly the handle, which is not very common. At least I haven't seen many.
It doesn't shave like a regular LC though, much smoother, like a UK version.

$CAM01728.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415327358.166313.jpg

My NEW Family:
US NEW LC
1932 US NEW Deluxe
1932 US NEW Deluxe
British #77
Canadian Gold Special

There is a three piece #77 on route from Turkey :)

I bought both of the Deluxes hoping at least one would be good, as they looked terrible in the photos. Both polished up nicely and are actually excellent (minus the gold plating), but I think one may have to go to help fund a Deluxe Head as I can't justify having two of these things around, or can I :)

Nice collection there! However I have to regretfully inform you that you've been missing quite a few NEWs. :lol:

Nice collection there! However I have to regretfully inform you that you've been missing quite a few NEWs. :lol:

Thats the scary part....

Once I figure out which ones I really like the rest will end up on the BST. This is how I convince myself i'm only trialling these razors and not actually collecting them :)

I should really, really unsubscribe from this thread........

Thats the scary part....

Once I figure out which ones I really like the rest will end up on the BST. This is how I convince myself i'm only trialling these razors and not actually collecting them :)

Guru17, I realized early in the thread there were far too many NEWs for me to collect, but it didn't keep me from reading every, single comment! Armybuck041, I told myself the same thing, but a dozen NEW and Goodwill razors are sitting in a drawer, while four are in the rotation, with two more are unused, but on the sink counter, hoping for a turn.

I should really, really unsubscribe from this thread........

Blasphemy! :ohmy: ... but I know what you mean ...

There's no such thing as too many NEWs, that doesn't even make sense.

I imagine Chris/xillion may be the leading expert on the subject of "too many NEWs"!:biggrin1:

Right now, counting NEW-based Goodwills and 7 O'Clocks in the NEW family, I have 29 NEWs. I could shave with a different NEW every day in February and still have one left over! Although that certainly does not constitute "too many" (since we both know that doesn't even make sense), it seems like quite a lot. I keep thinking that I should unload a few, but then my pet Gnu looks at me with those big, imploring eyes and I just can't do it.

proxy.php

Blasphemy! :ohmy: ... but I know what you mean ...

I imagine Chris/xillion may be the leading expert on the subject of "too many NEWs"!:biggrin1:

Right now, counting NEW-based Goodwills and 7 O'Clocks in the NEW family, I have 29 NEWs. I could shave with a different NEW every day in February and still have one left over! Although that certainly does not constitute "too many" (since we both know that doesn't even make sense), it seems like quite a lot. I keep thinking that I should unload a few, but then my pet Gnu looks at me with those big, imploring eyes and I just can't do it.

proxy.php

:lol:

So that's Gnu? Nice to meet him finally. :laugh:

Yes, Chris has an impressive collection, and you as well Doc.

My little collection pales in comparison, but I'm working on it. :biggrin:

Thanks to this thread I have bought a NEW Deluxe (15mm) and have a NEW Deluxe (17mm) on the way. Looking forward to comparing the two!

Top Bottom