What's new

What is your EDC knife?

Canis

IMG_5594.jpeg

RIP RAT!

I was at Smokey Mountain Knife Works a few days ago. While there, I decided to pick up another RAT-2. The one I have is AUS-8. I wanted one in D2. They were out when I bought mine a few years back.

There were hardly any Ontario Knife Company products. Confused, I asked the sales rep.

He told me that the company had been bought out several months back and that they have been discontinued.

This came rather as a shock to me. I haven't looked into this any further at this point. I do want to check onto it!

I have heard nothing previous to now. Just wanted to pass this along. Hold on to your RAT!

Anyone else heard anything about this?

Böker Barlow Oak Tree does not fill the hand like the Opinel No 8. Nor has it a blade lock. It's bog oak scales and nickel silver bolsters looks great though. The spear point and thin blade profile makes it very versatile for light everyday tasks. It's smaller size allows it to be carried comfortably in more situations.
PXL_20240314_134305547.jpg

The Victorinox is a beater knife that gets taken for abusive tasks. It has a questionable liner lock and a handle that is no good for longer sessions or heavier work. Only positive is the ok blade profile and that the soft steel is easy reprofiled and sharpened.
PXL_20240314_134442914.jpg

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Spring is here. I often need a knife while working around StoneGround Farm, and quite often these days that's a Teale Designs karambit utility knife. Easy to use with gloves on, also easy to use with muddy or wet hands. Probably I could rob a bank with it, but right now that's not on my to-do list.

O.H.

Top Bottom