What's new

What is wrong with this country?

/

What 'give away' are you referring to? A large percentage of the corporate 'bailout' money has already been repaid, and infrastructure stimulus funds are flowing directly into local businesses on a pretty steady clip.

+1. I'd rather see the money spent to stimulate the economy and create new jobs rather than the way it was spent in previous years as corporate welfare for agribusinesses, tax breaks for billionaires, no-bid contracts for gloried security mercenaries, endless expenditures for wars that have no end in sight or U.S. interest, or money spend on illegally monitoring my web surfing, phone calls and library surfing.

But, well, that's just me. YMMV.

Jeff in Boston

Recessions suck, and this one is a doozy. Its impact on local and state governments is just getting underway, unfortunately.

- Chris

I heard on the news the recession is ending, thank goodness. But seriously I think we need to get on board, get involved in our community, get it involved in our state, and get our states involved in our nation.

I got tired of being unemployed and applying endlessly to jobs, went to school for a couple of semesters, going down the FINAL stretch, I really enjoyed the material and learning things I should have before getting into printing. Seems like China is doing a fine job of book printing these days by the way, that's what got my job! I wished I had more sheet fed experience, I am a commercial web guy, and I want to make my stand here. I have relocated once and moved back home.

What I would like to see is the same as many and that is less government, it is just to much of our economy. However, if we need government make sure that the particular facet does not lose money if it is service. Also I have a three dimensional way of looking at government and a two party system will be the end of us. And I read in this thread about free trade, it does not matter I can not compete with my brother in China making $1600 a year, I heard they just got a big raise up to that level so they could spend more. The last rant I have is we need to enforce the laws on the books, if we can not do that than legalize it and tax it. If that is not an option hang them. I am speaking for the most part about cocaine on the hanging part and things similar. I do not know how I got here i sat down to watch some algebra tutors on you-tube, Justmathtutoring.com is way cool, he is on youtube with his videos.

There is only one way, hard work and I wished I could find some.

There is one thing I am positive of I know very little, but I know if I spend more than I make my wife will kill me. To hell with algebra I am going to bed.

And yes the out of control lack of common since must end. We must find a way to stop the legalized thief's.
I know it isn't this simple, the fox that is in the hen house looks like a hen.

Last edited:
The recession is over, its been over for months.

Except in Michigan. :smile:

We were told a year ago that the market would be the first thing to recover and that jobs would be the last. So it is so. It's just such a strange looking recovery so far.

- Chris

Last edited:
Top Bottom