What's new

What are your top 4 fragrances? Keep only 4?

Nice, another Tauer fan. I haven't smelled L'air Des Alpes Suisses yet but from what I heard and tested Tauer does use a very similar base DNA in all of his fragrances.
I find as much. ...Lonestar Memories is awesome too... if only my wife would give me carte blanche purchasing power for colognes!!

Amouage Reflection
Parfums De Marley Layton
Aqua Di Gio Profumo
Savauge Elixir

For me these are the most versatile, easy to wear , clean and fresh fragrances that I enjoy a bunch. During the cooler months there are some really nice warm / gourmand / spicy fragrances that I also really enjoy but I find that it’s me personally enjoying them and the people I’m around don’t compliment them as much as the blue aquatic / fresh fragrances.

My top four. Hmmm.

I'm going to quote George Carlin regarding being asked what time it is.

"Do you mean now or when you asked me?"

The only constant in my collection, the only one I never rotate out regardless of season or reason, is Baldessarini. That's as close as I will ever come to naming a group of, or a single, favorite(s). I think. For now.

Pic is of the "Concentree" version, but it doesn't really matter. Whether made by Hugo Boss, Maurer and Wirtz, cologne, or "Concentree," they're all the same to me.

Baldessarini.jpg

Chanel Platinum Egoiste

Chanel Pour Monsieur EDT

Papillon Dryad

YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme

Interesting coming back to this list after just over a year, because I've almost stopped collecting fragrances at this stage and feel I've settled on my style and the right number of fragrances, 40 different ones. Still love Platinum Egoiste, but I would replace it with Givenchy Insense. The only change I'm making... :)

Wow, mine has changed in less than a year. Well 2 out of 4 anyways.

My current top 4…

- Terre D’Hermes EDP (all seasons)
- Dior Homme Parfum (winter)
- Tom Ford Ombré Leather (winter)
- Tom Ford Oud Minerale (summer)
In less than a year, I have to change my top four a bit once again…

- Nasomatto Black Afgano
- Dior Homme Parfum
- Tom Ford Ombré Leather
- Maison Francis Kurkdjian Grand Soir

All of the above are heavy fall/winter fragrances and they are all fantastic IMO. Dior Homme Parfum and Ombre Leather have been two of my top fragrances for a few years now.

TdH Parfum and Oud Minerale are still among my favourites, but not top 4. 🤷‍♂️ Maybe I need a separate spring/summer top 4. 😜

In less than a year, I have to change my top four a bit once again…

- Nasomatto Black Afgano
- Dior Homme Parfum
- Tom Ford Ombré Leather
- Maison Francis Kurkdjian Grand Soir

All of the above are heavy fall/winter fragrances and they are all fantastic IMO. Dior Homme Parfum and Ombre Leather have been two of my top fragrances for a few years now.

TdH Parfum and Oud Minerale are still among my favourites, but not top 4. 🤷‍♂️ Maybe I need a separate spring/summer top 4. 😜
Wow, I can tell I am not keeping up!

Here is my top four:

Ultimate - Oud Maximus by Bortnikoff
1st place - Pearl Oud by Kilian
2nd place - Harlem Bloom by Vilhelm Parfumerie
3rd place - Creed Aventus

Honorary mention - Gucci Envy

1) Fougere Royale by Houbigant

reason - understated and extremely masculine scent. It’s not loud nor obnoxious which is a huge plus for me. Just a calming scent that makes me feel confident.

2) Gendarme edt

reason - again, understated and one of the cleanest/freshest scents I’ve encountered. Perfect for summer and that ‘white t shirt’ vibe

3) Prada Amber pour Homme

Reason - all time classic. It just smells luxurious, squeaky clean and it’s unique. I think it’s discontinued which is very irritating but I still have a nearly full bottle. If not this, I think I’ll go with Prada l’homme leau . It’s not identical to Prada amber, but gives off the same type of vibe but lighter.

4) Crown Shaving co signature Blend

reason - people on this board might be familiar with this because it’s a shaving brand but they also make a cologne , which is currently my signature scent. It’s unique and niche so you won’t end up smelling like anyone else. Very invigorating and clean uplifting scent that puts me in a good mood

Top Bottom