What's new

What are you listening to?

Best of Bowie....on random selection

All the fantastic classics...

Currently Playing: Oh! You pretty things...

Just Played: Young Americans
Previous to that: The Man who sold the World

Tedeschi Trucks Band Live. Good to hear a bunch of musicians who take their craft seriously in order to create so much fun.

Before that, Neil Young and Crazy Horse, Americana.

$frank_zappa_hot_rats_2002_retail_cd-front.jpg

Right in the middle of Willie the Pimp.

Today is a bit gloomy, so I'm hoping for rain. When it does rain, I listen to Post Rock. And as I seriously just typed that...it JUST started raining. Perfecto.

Today I'm checking out Ghosts Wear Clothes. Fantastic! It's really more of a electronic/post rock mix. Great balance of dark and light. Lots of pads, pianos, strings, and guitar. I loves it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Today is a bit gloomy, so I'm hoping for rain. When it does rain, I listen to Post Rock. And as I seriously just typed that...it JUST started raining. Perfecto.

Today I'm checking out Ghosts Wear Clothes. Fantastic! It's really more of a electronic/post rock mix. Great balance of dark and light. Lots of pads, pianos, strings, and guitar. I loves it!

First time hearing them, I like that a lot.

That's awesome. I'm glad you like it. If you like that you may also enjoy the likes of Explosions in the Sky, Jatun, God is An Astronaut, and Hammock. Search those out and enjoy!

Thanks for the recommendations, there was an Explosions in the Sky album I was listening to quite a bit a couple of years ago, I think it was self titled? All the rest are new to me though, I will check them out.

This album , over and over again! Thanks again Techichi...this is one of those rare albums that came around at just the right time and hit all the right notes. The first track, Prelude, is absolutely haunting.

Social Distortion--Hard Times and Nursery Rhymes
What did you think of that one? I have been a social distortion fan for a long time but I couldn't get through it. Their last tour came here and I skipped it in case they were going to play the new stuff. Maybe I judged it too quickly though, I haven't listened to it since.

I really enjoy it. The first time i went through it i thought it was mediocre at best but it's just grown on me. I saw them with the Foo Fighters in Philadelphia and they only played two of there new songs (California Hustle and Flow and Machine Gun Blues) I'm sure in a more personal setting they may play more of the new stuff, as an opening act they seemed to play more of the popular songs.

Top Bottom