What's new

Perfect Albums

Hi gents. Somewhere on the web, there were discussions of ' Perfect Albums'. What is a perfect album? Not necessarily among the greatest of greats, but a record that doesn't have a single bad song, and none that you want to skip. I'm thinking mostly pop music and I listen to everything. Instrumental Jazz, which is what I listen to mostly, but I'm thinking albums of 'songs' My first one that comes to mind is "Automatic for the People" by REM

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
For me (other than classical and jazz, for which there are many), I'd go with Child is Father to the Man by Blood, Sweat, and Tears and Alone Together by Dave Mason. Sticky Fingers and Let It Bleed and several later Beatles albums come close but usually have at least one or two subpar songs.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
These two come right to my mind.

611amWTNgPL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

bill-evans-everybody-digs-bill-evans-crop-c0-5__0-5-600x600-70.jpeg

I wouldn’t call any of the songs on Fleetwood Mac’s Rumours weak. They’re different in feel but all good, I think, and every song can stand on its own.

An album needs to have highs and lows, emotionally, otherwise it’s boring. But I never understood why any band would put a Maxwell’s Silver Hammer on an album unless they’re just working to a deadline.

Dark Side Of The Moon is the archetype perfect album, but it’s not all songs.

For me (other than classical and jazz, for which there are many), I'd go with Child is Father to the Man by Blood, Sweat, and Tears and Alone Together by Dave Mason. Sticky Fingers and Let It Bleed and several later Beatles albums come close but usually have at least one or two subpar songs.
Oh man. I would agree with every one of those choices!. My favorite and most perfect Dave Mason album is his self titled 1974 album "Dave Mason" amazing band on that one.

I am more of a metal guy but there are only a few albums I can listen to in their entirety. Every song on the below are excellent IMO.

Top Tier:
- Fleetwood Mac Rumours
- Meatloaf Bat Out Of Hell

Almost Top Tier:
- Queensryche Operation Mindcrime
- Rush Hemispheres
- Crash Test Dummies Ghosts That Haunt Me

Top Bottom