What's new

Weishi 9306 Uneven Door?

Hello All,

New to razors and just recently purchased a Weishi 9306. I noticed the one door doesn't seem to go all the way (with and without a blade) and wanted to ask if this would have a material effect on the shave and if this is something I could possibly fix.

Also, while not ideal, if I use my finger to push the door while twisting it close, it closes much more evenly than without.

I've attached some pictures for reference. Would greatly appreciate any advice regarding this. Thank you.

Without Blade:

IMG_2409.jpg
e
IMG_2405.jpg
:
IMG_2406.jpg
IMG_2411.jpg
IMG_2410.jpg

With Blade in:
IMG_2413.jpg
IMG_2414.jpg
IMG_2412.jpg

After using finger to push door while it closes (ran out of space for more images, but with a blade in, it is similar to without):
IMG_2407.jpg
IMG_2408.jpg

I know this is a late reply, but I'd suggest returning it, if possible.
Do you feel like the blade is held securely on the side that needs help? If not, it might be nothing to worry about, but do check that the blade is clamped down well enough so that it doesn't actually move. You could use e.g. a toothpick for this.

The lower base plate is probably askew (become twisted) because the top cap doors bear down and close on the lower plate by means of leverage. There' a video on Youtube fixing a vintage iconic Gillette TTO razor with the same problem-See Razor Emporium videos. He uses pliers with tape on the jaws or nylon jawed piers to bend the lower plate into line without damaging the chrome plating

I find the 9306 to be a great razor and I have two of them.

Top Bottom